Imagine for larry_or_naw (1D)

Emily's POV:

I'm looking at the sign outside the hall, "Department of Gynecology", it says. Today I have to get my lady parts checked out, and I'm really nervous. I don't even know what my doctor looks like or whether it will be a man or woman doing the procedure. What if I get a really old guy doing it and it's really gross? What if it hurts? I've never even had sex yet! I'm only eighteen, and I don't want to give up my V card until I find the man that I love and I know he loves me.

I walk in and see a guy sitting at the reception desk. I walk up to him and say, "Hello, I'm Emily. I have an appointment with a Dr. Styles?" I look at his name tag and it says, Luke. He smiles and says, "Okay, Harry will be with you in a minute. Can I ask you to fill out these papers while you wait then?" I nod and grab the papers from him. Well at least now I know it will be a man. However that just makes me more nervous because now I know that a man will see me down there. I fill out the paper work and turn it in. Pretty soon, I see a doctor come out. "Emily?" he calls out. I stand up and go over to him. "Hi Emily, I'm Dr. Styles, but just call me Harry. How are you today?" he asks as we walk back to a room. I tell him I'm good as I walk into the room. The first thing that I see is a chair with stir-ups on them and a bunch of tools laid out. I start to freak out and cry. Harry sees this and asks, "Emily, what are you crying for love?" "I'm just scared. I've never done this before and the tools and stuff are freaking me out", I tell him. "Okay, well why don't we go to my office first. I have a few questions for you, then we'll come back. I'll tell you exactly what I'm going to do before I do it. I can even call in another doctor or nurse to hold your hand if you want. How does that sound?" I nod my head and he leads the way to his office. It's a fairly small room with a computer, desk, a few chairs, and a whole bunch of books everywhere. I sit down and Harry starts asking me questions. "Are you sexually active? Have you ever had intercourse? Does anything hurt or anything unusual down there? When was your last period? How are your menstrual cycles?" "Um, I'm still a virgin, so I've never had sex. Nothing hurts or is out of the normal down there as far as I know. My period was two weeks ago and lasted 5 days. I get normal cramps and a few headaches, but overall it's not bad", I tell him, blushing like mad. He nods his head and writes something down.

"Okay love, we have to go back to the other room. I'll give you a gown to put on and I'll ask you to lay down in the chair and put your legs in the stir-ups. Then I'll have to use one of my tools called a speculum to open you up so that I can look and see that everything's okay down there. I'll then use a q-tip like device to get a sample and you'll be all done", Harry tells me. As he's explaining what he'll be doing, I get even more nervous and start crying again. "I-I can't d-do this-s Har-rry", I tell him. He comes up and gently pulls me in a hug and comforts me. "Would you feel better if someone was there to hold your hand while I do the procedure?" I nod my head and he calls someone into his office. Pretty soon a guy with wild hair comes in the room. "Hey Mikey, are you doing anything at the moment?" "Not at the moment why?" "This is Emily. It's her first time here and she's really nervous. Can you hold her hand and keep her calm while I do the procedure?" "Nice to meet you Emily, and yeah of course I can". They finish talking and we walk back to the other room. Harry gives me a gown and then Mikey and he leave the room while I change. I put on the gown and it's really flimsy. I put my arms around my chest to cover myself up a little more and then open the door to let them know I'm ready. "Okay love, I need you to hop up on the chair and put your legs in the stir-ups". I do as he asks and I feel really vulnerable and uncomfortable. I feel tears run down my cheeks and Mikey takes my hand and tries to distract me from what Harry's doing. "I'm going to insert the speculum now. It might feel uncomfortable, so if it does just squeeze Mikey's hand". I nod and I can feel it enter me. It's really cold and hurts because I've never been stretched down there. I cry out in pain and squeeze Mikey's hand. "Almost done love... and done". Harry removes the speculum and takes off his gloves. He then tells me to put my legs down and once I do, he comes over and gives me a hug. "I'm proud of you. You did a really good job love. I'm sorry I had to do that, but it's only to make sure you're healthy". I nod into his chest and once I stop crying, I pull away and tell both Harry and Mikey, "Thank you for helping me through it and being patient with me". They tell me that it was no problem and leave so I can get dressed. Once I'm dressed, I go back out to reception and once again thank Harry and Mikey and say good bye to Luke. They wave back and tell me they'll see me next year. I walk out the door and look at the sign one more time. Department of Gynecology. I think to myself, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and leave the office altogether.