Imagine for AshleyMartin946 (1D)

Ashley's POV:

My mom is taking me to the doctor's today. I've been having trouble breathing, and I've been coughing non-stop. She knows that I wouldn't go to the doctor's if it was up to me, so she's basically forcing me to go, and she's coming with me in order to make sure I actually see the doctor. You see, I'm terrified of doctors, and I want nothing to do with them. If it was up to me, I'd rather be sick than actually go to the doctors and possibly (pretty much always) need to get a shot.

We get to the doctor's office, and my mom drags me through the door, then signs me in. We wait for only a few minutes before the doctor comes out and calls my name. My mom gives me this look like, "you better go with him, and no funny business", and so I stand up and drag my feet to go with him. "Hi Ashley, I'm Dr. Styles, but you can call me Harry. What seems to be the problem love?" the doctor asks as he introduces himself and we walk through the door to the exam room. Right after he asks me though, I start hacking and coughing. "Oh love, that doesn't sound good. Why don't you sit down on the bed and I'll listen to your lungs", he says, but I shake my head and refuse to do that. If I listen to what he says, he's going to hear something wrong, and then he's going to want to give me a shot or something worse. I can't let him do that, so I make the quick ill-thought out decision of trying to run out of the room. However, before I can even make it to the door, Harry catches me, and lifts me onto the bed.

I start screaming and kicking, trying to get away from him, but he's a lot stronger than I am, and he easily just holds me as I slowly stop fighting, too tired and drained to fight him anymore. As soon as I stop fighting him though, my coughing gets worse. Now, instead of just a few coughs every few minutes, I'm coughing non-stop, and I can't catch my breath. "Love, I'm going to give you some oxygen. I promise, it's not going to hurt you, just going to help you breathe better", Harry says as he puts a mask over my head, and I breathe in the oxygen. Harry then starts rubbing my back in soothing circles as I breathe in the oxygen, and soon my breathing is back to normal. "Ok love, I'm just going to listen to your lungs with my stethoscope to see what's going on in there. It might be a bit cold, but it won't hurt", he tells me as he puts his stethoscope in his ears and the bell part under my shirt. He listens to my breathing for a few minutes, then takes the stethoscope out. "Love, it sounds like you have fluid in your lungs. You probably have pneumonia. I'm going to have to drain your lungs, and give you some antibiotics to cure it", Harry tells me with sympathy in his eyes.

I don't really know what all he's talking about, but when Harry goes to get the supplies, I see him with a long syringe in his hands, and another man with him. "Ashley, this is Louis. He's going to help me and keep you calm while I do the procedure. I'm going to drain the fluid in your lungs by sticking a syringe in them, and letting the fluid drain out of them. It shouldn't hurt, because I'll put some numbing cream on before I start, so it'll just feel like a lot of pressure. You'll be fine, and just look at Louis", he explains, and in that moment, I freak out again. I start crying, and trying to get out of the room, but now Louis' the one that catches me, while Harry starts putting the numbing cream on my back. Louis is whispering sweet nothings into my ear, and holding me gently in his arms.

After a few minutes of comforting from Louis, I stop crying and I calm down. "Ashley, can you lay down on the bed on your side for me love?" Harry asks me and I lay down too tired to do anything else and I grab a hold of Louis' hands. Harry puts the sharp in my back, and I feel a lot of pressure. I start crying again from the discomfort, and Louis tries to comforts me. "Ashley, you're doing so well. Just a little bit more sweetheart, then you can rest for a bit", Louis says as he gives my hands a gentle squeeze.

A few minutes later, Harry pulls the sharp out of my back, and covers the site with some gauze and a band aid. "You did so wonderful love. I'm proud of you", Harry says and he gives me a gentle hug. "There's just one more thing to do, then you can go home", he tells me. Louis continues to hold me as Harry gets some more supplies. He comes over with another shot in his hand, and I start to freak out again. "Shh, sweetheart, it's just going to help you. I promise, Harry's really gentle. Just close your eyes and it will be over in a few seconds", Louis says as he rubs my shoulders to help me calm down. Harry quickly injects the medicine into my arm, disposes of the shot, and then gives me a hug. "You did so well Ashley. I'm proud of you. You'll have to take some antibiotics for the next week or so, but there won't be any more shots for a while", Harry tells me as he listens to my lungs again and then they help me up off the bed.

"Thank you so much for helping me and for being so understanding with me. I know that it's hard to sometimes deal with me, and I just wanted to say thank you and if possible, I'd like you guys to be my doctors from now on. I feel safe and protected with you guys and that's all that I needed in order to help my fear", I tell them as I hug each of them. "Of course Ashley, we would be honored to be your doctors from now on. Let's bring you back out to your mom, and we can discuss it with her", Harry says and we walk back out to the waiting room to see my mom reading a magazine while she waited for me. We walk up to her, and Harry says, "Ms. Martin, Ashley has pneumonia. We drained her lungs and gave her something to help with the infection, but she's going to need to take antibiotics every day for about a week. She also has asked if we could be her permanent doctors from now on. It's up to you to do the switch, but we'd love to. Ashley is such a wonderful young girl, and it seems like we'd be a good fit to be her doctors", Harry explains to my mom.

My mom looks at me and asks, "Would you really like Dr. Styles to be your permanent doctor from now on?" "Yes, I would. Also Louis. They showed compassion and made me feel comfortable, as well as they were understanding, and didn't hurt me", I explain to my mom. "Okay, I'll make the call to have them changed as your doctors from now on. Tell them thank you, and then we'll go get your antibiotic, and go on our way", my mom says. I turn to my new doctors and say, "Thank you for helping me get better. I'm really glad that you are my new doctors", and I give them each a hug. "We're happy you're our new patient. If you ever need anything or feel sick, have your mom give us a call, and we'd be happy to help you. However, as much as we like you, we hope that it's going to be a while before we have to see you because we wish you to always be healthy. But now you know that if you do feel sick, you can come to us anytime", Harry says and I nod and then my mom and I leave.

We go grab the antibiotics that I'll be needing to take for the next week, and then we head back home. For the rest of the week, I take the antibiotics, and slowly, my coughing and infection disappears. I don't have to go see Harry or Louis for a long time, but the next time I have to get a check-up or anything, I know that they will take care of me and comfort me through it.