Imagine for livingthebooklyf (5SOS)

Tessa's POV:

 I'm so excited for Luke and my one year anniversary! He's taking me out to dinner at the most fancy restaurant in town. I'm just about ready to go, just putting the last finishing touches to my outfit, when I hear a knock on the door. I turn around and see Luke leaning against the door frame, staring at me. "Why are you staring?" I ask him. "Because I'm looking at the most beautiful woman in the world, who I love so much", he says as he comes through the door and brings me in for a kiss. We break away, and he pulls me into his warm embrace and just holds me.

After a while of him just holding me, I say, "Come on Luke. We have reservations at 7 and its 6:30 and it takes us 30 minutes to drive there! If we don't hurry, then we'll be late and they'll give our table away" "I know, I just wanted to let you know that I love you", he says and gives me a kiss on the forehead. We then get out of each other's arms and instead walk out to the car hand in hand. When we get in the car, I feel a sharp pain in my right side. I've been feeling it all day, but I didn't want to ruin Luke and my one year anniversary, so I've just been ignoring it. Plus, Luke and his friends are doctors, so if I would tell him, then he'd go into doctor mode, and I don't want that for our anniversary, so I shrug it off and tell myself that I'll take some Tylenol when we get home.

  We get to the restaurant right on time. They get us seated and the waiter brings us a bread basket. I lean in to get a piece of bread, when the table accidently hits my side and I wince. Luke notices this and asks me, "Are you okay?" I nod my head yes, but internally I feel like something in me just ripped. We order our food, and throughout the meal, I start to feel worse and worse. I start getting the chills, and sweating profusely, as well as the pain in my side has now tripled in intensity. Luke again sees this and puts his hand on my head. "Babe, you're burning up! How are you feeling right now?" Even though I don't want to ruin our anniversary, I feel like poop, so I tell him, "My stomach feels like it's on fire and I'm cold, but at the same time I'm really hot. My stomach feels like I might have to throw up it's in so much pain", I cry and his doctor training kicks in. "Okay babe, what part of your stomach hurts? Is it the upper, lower, middle, left, right, or somewhere else?" "The lower right", I tell him and his face turns white.

He stands up all of a sudden, puts some money on the table for the meal, and lifts me into his arms. "Luke!? What are you doing!?" I question as he quickly carries me out of the restaurant while everyone else is watching us. Once he gets us in his car he tells me what's happening. "Babe, I think your appendix burst. I'm bringing you in to the hospital where the other boys and I work, just to make sure my diagnosis is correct".

We drive up to the hospital, and he runs in the ER with me in his arms and brings me to an empty room. He starts setting me up and taking my vitals. I see Ashton and he runs over. "Luke? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be out with Tessa tonight for your anniversary". He then sees me on the bed, face all pale and in pain. "Whoa, what's happening?" he asks as he starts helping Luke take my vitals. "While we were eating, Tessa told me that her lower right part of her stomach has been hurting her", he says as he takes my temperature. He looks at it and shows it to Ashton. "Whoa, that's really high. We need to get that stable and fast", he says as he puts an IV in me.

I wince, but I'm in too much pain right now to actually notice it. They grab an ultra sound machine to see the inside me, and the usually cold gel actually feels kind of good against my abnormally hot stomach. They move it around and soon gasp. "What?" I ask in a panic. "Babe you need emergency surgery. Your appendix has ruptured! That's why you've been feeling such bad pains as well as why you have such a high fever. Ash, go tell Michael and Calum to get prepped for OR to do an emergency appendectomy. Tell them the circumstance, and tell them we need to hurry".

 Ashton runs out of the room to tell the other guys to scrub up and tells them what all's going on, while Luke gets me prepped for surgery. He puts me in a gown, and gives me a relaxant and pain reliever in my IV. "Luke. I'm scared", I tell him and start to cry. "Oh babe, nothing bad's going to happen. We are going to get this out of you and make you feel better. Nothing to worry about", he tells me as he takes my hands in his and brings it up to his lips to kiss. He them continues to hold my hand and rub soothing circles on it as he kisses my forehead an lays down with me. I curls up as best as I can while he holds me and soon his even breathes have calmed me back down.

A few minutes later, Ashton, Michael, and Calum come in the room to tell us that the OR is prepped and ready. They roll me down the hall and Calum puts something in my IV that makes me really sleepy.

 Ashton's POV:

Once Tessa's asleep, we get along with the surgery. Michael is the one actually doing the surgery, while Luke and I are helping him. Calum's an anesthesiologist, so he's here to make sure that Tessa has the right amount of medicine in her IV to keep her asleep and out of pain while we do the surgery. Michael grabs a scalpel and cuts into her lower right side. When he cuts in, all we see is puss everywhere. Because Tessa's appendix burst, it makes this more difficult. We have to not only take out the appendix, but we also have to clean out the cavity. I grab the suction and start suctioning the excess puss, while Luke and Michael take out the actual appendix. Once we've finished both our jobs, and she doesn't have any more puss in her, we stitch her up. We then give her some antibiotics in her IV and bring her to a recovery room to wait for her to wake up.

Luke's POV:

We had just finished the surgery and now Tessa's resting and healing. I change out of my dirty scrubs, and go back to her room to just hold her hand. After a few hours of just holding her hand and trying to comfort her, I feel her squeeze my hand "Tessa, baby? Can you open your eyes for me?" She opens her eyes and blinks around. She looks at me and asks, "What happened?" "Tessa, your appendix burst. We had to do emergency surgery to get it, as well as all the toxins, out of your body. I'm so happy you're awake", I explain to her and give her a kiss. "Are you in any pain, babe?" "Not right now. Right now I just want you".

I smile at that and lay down next to her and gently, so not to disturb her stitches, bring her in my arms. We lay like that for a good amount of time before Michael comes in and sees us like that. "Come on you lovebirds, I have to check Tessa's stitches now". I let him check them and it looks like they are healing really well. No signs of infection or anything. Once Michael's done, we continue to cuddle and soon we both fall asleep together in each other's arms.