Imagine for fanfictionaddict101 (Both)

Catherine's POV:

I'm in the backseat of my mom's car as she's driving me to my yearly check-up at the doctors. Ever since I was really little, I've been afraid of the doctors because my old doctor was really mean and would hurt me. It was almost like he liked seeing kids in pain and would make sure to miss the vein when giving shots and blood tests, and purposely press down too hard on my tummy.

It's been a few years though since I've had a check-up, so I really needed one and once my mom found out how long ago it was, she set up an appointment with a new doctor. I've been hoping that she wouldn't have found out, and have been hiding any and all appointment notices from her, so she was a bit angry when she found out about it. We are now on our way to a new doctor's office, since my old doctor has since retired.

We get to the office, and I start to shake and cry in fear. "Catherine, you are 15 years old. You shouldn't be having these feelings of fear towards something as simple as going to the doctors", my mom tells me as she helps me out of the car. We walk in and she signs me in while I go sit down on one of the old uncomfortable chairs they have for waiting patients. I start to play on my phone to try to distract myself from where I am, but nothings working and I start to cry again in fear. My mom walks back and sits next to me, quietly ignoring that I'm crying as we wait for the doctor to come out.

A few minutes later, I hear my name being called. "Catherine?" I hear and I look up. I see a younger looking doctor with blonde hair and a bright smile. I slowly stand up, and walk over to him with my head down in fear and submission, knowing that no matter what I do, I'm going to have to get this check-up done. "Hi sweetie. My name is Niall, I'm going to be your nurse today. Can you follow me back?" I nod my head and follow him back. "First, I'm just going to take your weight and height and then I'll take your temperature and blood pressure", he tells me as we walk on back. "Can you step on the scale for me sweetie?" I do and he writes something down on my chart. "Okay, now can you stand up straight and put your heels to the wall so I can measure you?" I do exactly as he asks and he again writes something in my chart. He then has me sit down and starts to put the blood pressure cuff around my arm. I whimper in fear, in which he hears and tells me, "It's just going to be a quick squeeze. Nothing to be afraid of", and gives me a comforting pat on the arm.

However, I am afraid. My previous doctor used to squeeze my arm to the point that it hurt and I started to feel lightheaded. I don't trust any doctors, or in this case nurses, to do that. So when I start to feel the cuff squeeze my arm, I freak out even more and start to thrash about. "No! Get that thing off of me!" I yell and immediately the cuff is ripped off and Niall is hugging me, trying to calm me down. "It's okay sweetie. Nothing's going to hurt you. You're safe here", he continues to say and rubs my back.

Soon, I calm down enough and Niall lets go of me. "You okay sweetie?" he asked me in a concerned tone and I nod my head. "Why did you freak out so much love? I want to know so that I don't do it again and I can help you through it". I decide that I should tell him about my previous doctor and the fact that he used to hurt me. "It's nothing that you did. It's what my old doctor used to do. He would always put the cuff on too tight and it would hurt me to the point that I'd get dizzy. When you started to pump the cuff up, I was afraid that you'd hurt me just like he used to", I tell Niall quietly with my head still bowed to the ground.

I feel a set of arms come around me again and I look up to see Niall giving me a hug with tears in his eyes. "Oh sweetie, I would never hurt you or anyone else on purpose. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, but know that no one here will ever do that to you. Did he do anything else to hurt you? That way I'll know and I can help you through it", he says and looks me in the eyes. I nod my head and tell him, "He used to push down really hard on my tummy and make it hurt, as well as he'd stick the swab in my mouth too far and make me choke and purposely miss my veins to cause me pain while doing blood tests and shots". Niall just hugs me tighter and tells me, "okay, now that I know that, I can try to make it more comfortable for you and hopefully it won't be so scary for you. Do you think that we could try again with the blood pressure cuff? I promise to stop whenever you tell me to", Niall says.

I hesitantly nod my head and Niall puts the cuff back on. "Just keep breathing. It's going to feel tight, but if you start to feel pain, let me know and I'll stop", he tells me as he starts to pump it up. I continue to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth to keep me calm, and soon it's done. "Good job sweetheart. Now let me just take your temperature and we will head off to meet Dr. Mikey. I promise, he's really nice, and I'll stay there the whole time with you to help you". He quickly finishes taking my temperature and writes it all down in my chart. We then walk to another room, where another younger looking guy in a doctor's coat is waiting. "Catherine, this is Dr. Mikey. He's just going to make sure you are healthy. I promise that nothing bad will come to you with us here", Niall introduces us and I curl into myself again, all shy-like. I see Niall whispering to him about my situation and see immense sadness come over Dr. Mikey's face. He then bends down to my level and says, "It's nice to meet you Catherine. As Niall said, nothing bad is going to happen here. You are safe here. I will tell you exactly what I'm doing before I do it, and if you feel uncomfortable about any of it, just say so and we'll stop and talk about it. This is all in your hands. With that being said, do you think you could sit up on the bed here so we can get started?" I nod my head I sit up on the bed. He brings out a stethoscope and says, "I'm just going to listen to your heart and lungs. Nothing to be scared of", and puts the cold device on my chest. I whimper at the cold, and Niall takes my hand in his to comfort me. Dr. Mikey finishes checking my heart and lungs, and writes it all down.

"Now, I'm just going to check your eyes, ears, and nose with this light. It might be a little bright, but just look straight past it for me, okay", he tells me and shines the light in my eyes. I try to close my eyes, but Niall tells me, "No, no sweetheart, you have to keep them open for just a few minutes. Just look at the pictures on the walls for a bit and it will be over soon". I do and Dr. Mikey finishes checking my eyes, ears, and nose. "Now can you open your mouth for me? All I'm going to do is shine the light in your mouth to make sure that your throat is healthy. I'm not going to do any swab test.", he asks me and I hesitantly open my mouth. "Say aww", Niall says as I squeeze his hand, and I do. Once Dr. Mikey is done with that, he asks me to lay down.

This is the part that I was most afraid of, and because of that, I start to freak out again. "It's okay love. I'm not going to hurt you like your old doctor did. I will be gentle, I promise. I just want to make sure that you are healthy", Dr. Mikey tells me, while Niall pulls me on his lap and lays me down with him under me and comforting me. Dr. Mikey starts to gently push down on my stomach, and I feel no pain throughout the whole thing. Once he's done, I smile at him, in which he smile back at me. "See, that wasn't too bad was it?" Niall asks me and I shake my head to say that is wasn't too bad. "Okay love, you seem to be in excellent health. I just have one last thing and then you will be completely done. I have to give you your hepatitis shot", Dr. Mikey tells me. I start freaking out again, and Niall holds me in his arms and soothes me while saying, "It will be okay. Mikey is really gentle and good with shots. I bet you won't even know that he's giving you it". I continue to cry in Niall's chest when I hear Dr. Mikey say, "Done". I look up and see him throwing away a used syringe and can't believe that I didn't even feel him give it to me. He puts on a band aid over the small puncture, and both of them give me a group hug.

"Thank you for helping me through this and for taking such good care of me. I don't think I will be as scared of the doctors next time I need a check-up if it's with you two", I tell them. "You're welcome sweetie. Now, let's get you cleaned up and bring you out to your mom so you can go home", Niall tells me and wipes up my tears with a tissue. "Wait, I know you might be a little too old for this, but since you didn't get them when you were younger when you came to the doctor's office, you get a lollipop now", Dr. Mikey says as he hands me a purple lollipop. "Thank you", I tell him and he smiles. Niall then walks me out to the waiting room where my mom has been waiting and we drive home.