Imagine for disconnectedkierra (5SOS)

Kierra's POV:

I'm so stressed right now with all this pressure from school and life. I mean, I'm 14, taking advanced courses and getting A's in them, as well as on both varsity volleyball, as well as soccer and trying to already think about schools for college! The pressure is starting to finally get to me, and I'm just about ready to burst.

Lately, after practices, I've been feeling extremely exhausted. It's like I can't get enough air in my system, and thus I feel lethargic and I can barely get my homework done because I'm so tired. What's even worse is that I've tried to tell my brother Ashton this, and all he does is make fun of me and tell me that I'm fine. He's a doctor, so I'm trying to believe him, but I know something's wrong.

I'm in the middle of one of the most important games of the year. We are playing against our rival team, and I'm the starting forward. I'm dribbling the soccer ball up the field, getting closer and closer to the goal when I start to feel like no air can get into my lungs. I try to breathe through my nose to see if that helps, but it just makes it worse. I slow down, and the other team steals the ball from me. They run the other way, but I can't follow. I'm literally standing there, trying to catch my breath when I start to feel dizzy and I sway. The last thing that I see before darkness overcomes me is my brother running out of his seat to the field.

Ashton's POV:

I see Kierra dribbling the ball down the field. She's doing really well. All of a sudden though, she stops and looks like she can't breathe. Her face turns red and she looks like she's trying to breathe deeply, but nothing's coming out. I start to get worried and start to stand up when a player from the other team steals the ball from her and she just stands there. Kierra would never allow someone to steal the ball from her. She's too good of a player, as well if it did happen, she would be taking off after them like no tomorrow. I start running towards her when I see her start to sway on the field, but before I can get to her, she passes out.

I immediately run out to the field and start taking vitals while the referees stop the game. "Sir, you can't be on the field. She needs a doctor", one of the referees stupidly says. "I'm her brother and I'm a doctor. Call an ambulance now!" I tell him angrily as I can hear her lungs wheezing, trying to get air in her system. Pretty soon, an ambulance comes and I start shouting out orders. "Get me 10cc of albuterol in an inhaler! I'm going to need oxygen and a stethoscope as well!" I yell to the paramedics and they get them for me, not wanting to get me any madder than I am already. I put the inhaler in her mouth and squirt two puffs, hoping that that's enough, then check her breathing using the stethoscope. I can already hear her lungs taking well to the albuterol, so I start hooking up the oxygen next, knowing that she needs it since she wasn't able to get enough while she was having the asthma attack.

Once we get her stable, they load her up, with me in the back, and I tell them to head to my clinic. They agree and we head off. When we get there, Luke, Michael, and Calum runs out. "Ash, what's happened?" Michael asks when he sees Kierra passed out in the back of the ambulance and me all flustered. "She had an asthma attack on the field", I tell the boys, already feeling my emotions start to break now that I know that there are others here that can take care of her, and I start to cry.

Calum and Michael take Kierra to one of the rooms and get her stable, while Luke takes me in his arms and I cry in his chest. "It's all my fault! She kept telling me that she was stressed and tired, and I kept telling her to suck it up and that she was fine, and now this happened! I'm such a bad big brother!" I panic and Luke just holds me and rubs my back. "Shh Ash, you are a great big brother. You knew what to do when it was needed and you saved your sister's life. How were you to know that she was that stressed? She kept doing well in her academics and sports, and you didn't think that anything was the problem. You're here when she needs you, as I am here for you when you need me", Luke says to him, trying to comfort him and get him to realize that he's not in the wrong, and that Kierra will be fine. "Let's go check on Kierra, yeah?" he asks and I nod my head as Luke pulls me to her room.

I can see Calum hooking Kierra up to an IV, and Michael checking her breathing, as Kierra lays in the bed still passed out. Again, my guilt overcomes me and I run over to her and gently take her hand in mine. "I'm so sorry Kierra. I should have listened to you, and I didn't. Please forgive me and wake up", I say as I kneel down and continue to cry. "Stop crying idiot, and give me a hug", I hear Kierra's voice sleepily say and I instantly take her into my arms. "I'm so sorry. I will always listen to you from now on", I tell her as I smoosh her small athletic body in my arms. "Ashton, you're squishing me", she breathes out and I loosen my grip a bit, but not enough to actually let her go. We continue to hug until the other guys clear their throats and say, "Ash, she needs another breathing treatment. You have to let her go now. She'll still be there once we get some medicine in her".

I let go of her and they give her the breathing treatment, I then go back to holding her protectively in my arms, ready to protect her from all the stress of the world right now, while she sleeps the stress away. The boys declare the Kierra is okay to leave while she's still asleep, so I pick her up into my arms and carry her to Luke's car, since mine is still at the field and Luke will be picking it up later with Calum, while I use his car to get us home now. I bring her inside and lay her down on the couch, then set up a movie and heat up some leftovers for dinner. I bring the food in right when she's waking up and hand it to her while I gently lift her head up and lay it down on my legs while we eat dinner and watch movies and cuddle the rest of the night.