Imagine for NiallersGirl20 (1D)

Kristyn's POV:

I'm watching my idiot fiancé that I love with all my heart, Niall, play the game chicken with his friends, Liam, Harry, and Louis. We are in my back yard, having a bbq and pool party to celebrate the fact that summer is coming to a close and we might not have another chance to use the pool, so better use it not. Right now, Niall is sitting on top of Liam's shoulder's and Louis' sitting on top of Harry's shoulder's. I can see Niall trying to fight off Louis, but ultimately, Niall's taken down, and he plummets into the water.

However, when he comes back up, a look of pain is on his face and he's almost in tears. He tries to move his leg to get out of the pool, but screams in pain, and ends up just floating. All three boys stop what they were doing (mostly Liam's trying to state that Louis cheated while Harry and Louis celebrate their win and tell him no they didn't), and turn to Niall. "Ni, buddy, what's wrong? What hurts?" Liam asks as he gives Niall a sympathetic look. Niall just shakes his head and Harry goes over and just lifts him gently and carefully out of the pool, so that way he won't drown. He sets him on a lounge chair next to me and I grab his hand, while the others come out of the pool and meet us.

"Ni, you have to tell us what's wrong. We can't fix it if we don't know what's hurting you", Liam tries again, but Niall just continues to shake his head and cry. I sit on the chair with him and pull him closer to me to hold him. "Babe, please tell them what hurts. You know that they won't hurt you and they want to help you feel better. Please for me, tell them", I ask as I hug him close and rub his temples to help comfort him. Niall nods his head against my chest and points to his knee. Harry runs into the house, while Liam gently starts feeling it, and Niall screams out in pain, trying to get away from Liam, but it hurts too much. Liam tells him, "Sorry, sorry, sorry! Um Ni, it looks like you popped the kneecap out. We are going to have to go to the clinic so I can fix it".

Most people don't know this, but Liam's not just an amazing singer and part of one of the biggest boy bands in the world, but he's also went through medical school and is a doctor. When the boys aren't touring or on break, he helps out at the free clinic that he and the boys bought where anyone can go to get free medical check-ups and the medicine that they need. They believe that everyone deserves the right to a doctor, so they established a free medical clinic. Liam's the only one that actually is a doctor there, but Harry is learning and trying to get his medical degree, and is almost done, so that he can help out too. Louis goes in every so often and tells stories and joke to the kids to help them feel a little happier, and he was the driving force to getting this clinic started.

Niall shakes his head, terrified out of his mind, while Harry comes back with an ice pack in hand. "Ni, I'm going to wrap an ice pack on your leg to help with the pain", Harry tells him in a soothing voice and Niall nods his head. Harry places a towel on first, so that he won't get frostbite, and gently places the icepack surrounding his knee, and let him rest for a little bit, while the ice helps numb the pain away. After a while, Liam pipes back up and says, "Niall, now that it's not so painful, we have to head off to the clinic so that I can fix it. I promise to be as gentle as I can, but if we don't fix it soon, then it's going to get worse". Even though Niall really doesn't like going to the doctors, he agrees to go with Liam and get it fixed because it hurts so bad. They all help him up, but he can't put any weight on his leg at all, so Harry just ends up carrying him to the car.

When we get to the clinic, Harry again carries him inside, while Liam gets the supplies ready, and Louis and I hold his hand and try to comfort him. "Babe, everything's going to be just fine. Liam's going to fix it and make it all better", I tell him and hold his hand in mine. Liam comes back with a tray and tells Niall, "When I put your kneecap back in place, it would hurt really badly, so I'm going to give you something to make it so that you won't feel any pain", and holds up a needle. Niall starts freaking out when he sees the needle, and Louis and I have to hold him still so that he doesn't hurt himself more, while Liam injects the numbing liquid in his knee. "Li! It hurts!" Niall screams out, but moments later, it's done. Liam gives Niall a hug and cuddles him while telling him sorry, as we wait for the medication to work.

Pretty soon, Niall's feeling a little loopy, and can't feel his leg at all. Liam then feels his leg again, to determine exactly what he'll have to do to put it back in place. Once he's done that, he calls Harry over and asks him, "Haz, I'm going to need your help. When I count to three, we are going to gently lift up his leg, straightening it in the process, and hopefully it will pop back in place in one try". Harry nods his head and on the count of three, they lift up gently and his kneecap slides back in place. Niall's so loopy from the drugs, that he doesn't even know what's happening, and can't feel the pain, which I'm very grateful for.

Once they are done, Liam makes sure that everything else is where it's supposed to be, and wraps it up to help stabilize it and so it can heal faster. I give Niall a kiss on the forehead to tell him that he did a good job, but I notice that his head is really warm. I didn't notice it before, because I was more worried about his leg than anything else, but now that his leg is okay, I notice that it feels like he has a fever. "Hey Li, can you check this out? I think Niall's running a fever", I call out to Liam and he comes back over with a concerned look on his face and feels his forehead. He then grabs the thermometer, and checks his temperature. "Hm, it looks like he does. Ni, has anything else being bothering you lately? Anything that you haven't told us about?" Liam asks him and because Niall is so high off the pain medication, he blatantly tells them, "Yeah, my throat hurts. I don't like doctors because they are icky, so I didn't say anything. Don't tell Liam though, he'll make me go to the doctors". Liam laughs at that, and asks him to open his mouth, so that he could take a look inside. "Hm, Ni, it looks like your tonsils are really swollen. Because you waited so long to tell us, I'm going to have to take them out", Liam says.

Even though Niall is on heavy pain medication at the moment, he still realizes that, that means that Liam's going to have to do surgery on him, and he starts freaking out again. "No, no, no, no! I don't like that! Why did you tell Liam!?" he panics and tries to get away again, but Louis holds him down again while I try to comfort him. Harry comes back in the room, and Liam tells him what's going to happen. "Haz, I'm going to need you to prep the OR for surgery. Niall needs his tonsils out and you'll be helping me perform the surgery if that's okay with you". Harry nods his head and agrees, then leaves to go prep the surgery as Liam preps Niall. He gives Niall something to help relax him even more and make him sleep, then hooks him up to a few machines and rolls him away on the hospital gurney. I decide to follow, and ask, "Li, can I stay with him and make sure that he's not scared?" Liam looks at me and decides, "Yeah, that'd be fine. You'll just need to scrub up first". I scrub up and walk into the OR to see that they've put up a screen covering his head part from his body parts. "Kristyn, you'll have to stay behind this curtain so that you don't have to see the actual surgery and blood. You can hold Niall's hand and comfort him as much as you want though", Liam explains to me and I take Niall's hand in mine. I rub soothing circles on it, and bring it up to my mask covered mouth and kiss it. "I here for you babe", I tell him and Liam and Harry start the surgery. Every so often, I hear Liam ask for a tool or the sounds of snipping, and the heart monitor, but I can't see what's happening, and I'm kind of glad that I can't.

After about an hour, I hear Liam snipping something, and him say, "All done. Let's wheel him back up to the recovery room so that he can rest for the rest of the day". They wheel him back and I follow. When we get to his room, they set him up and then leave. I continue to hold Niall's hand and end up getting in bed with him and cuddling him. Niall wouldn't want people to know this, but in our relationship, I'm the big spoon and he's the little spoon. He's always been so sweet and like a teddy bear, that it just felt natural in our relationship to be this way. I continue to hold him, every so often brushing his hair out of his face or kissing his cheek or something, and fall asleep with him in my arms.

After a few hours, he starts to move around and it wakes up. "Ohhhw", he says and whimpers in pain as he comes to. I quickly press the call button to let Liam know that he's awake, and soon Liam walks through the door. "Hey Ni, you can't really talk right now, so just nod your head yes or no for me. Are you in pain?" Niall nods his head yes and Liam readjusts his IV to give him a higher dose of pain medication then asks, "Do you want ice cream? It will help sooth your throat", and Niall again nods his head yes. Liam leaves minutes later after checking on his stats and everything, then goes to get Niall his ice cream. I just continue to cuddle him and say, "I love you babe, and I'm sorry that you're in pain, but at least you get ice cream", and he just smiles. We continue to cuddle until Liam comes back with a tub of ice cream and a fork. "Sorry Ni, I'm not touching a spoon. You'll have to eat this with a fork", Liam states and hands over the utensil. Niall eats the ice cream and Liam checks his knee re-bandages it, then lets him rest. We cuddle some more, and we don't even need to talk now to know that the love we have for each other is universal and eternal.