CHAPTER 52

Jiang Shengnan is very popular in the family home. The family members who live near her home are basically her old neighbors for many years.

Seeing a strange young woman standing next to Jiang Shengnan and leading a child, someone couldn't help but curiously asked: "Shengnan, who is this? She looks so handsome."

Jiang Shengnan immediately put on a proud smile on his face, pulled Chu Xia and said: "This is Chu Xia, my wife in the year of Zheng, and this is my grandson An An. She came here specially to celebrate the New Year with us!"

With that proud look, Chu Xia was like the best daughter-in-law, and An An was the best grandson.

Jiang Shengnan touched An An's head and said, "I said it's too troublesome to come here. It's so far away and it's inconvenient to bring An An. But Chu Xia said that the New Year is nothing if the family doesn't spend it together, so I brought An An here directly. He also said that An An used to be here Xiao, now that he is older, we have to let him meet his grandparents. But Lao Cen and I were deeply moved. Having such a daughter-in-law, Lao Cen and I really don't know how many years of cultivation we have been blessed."

Chu Xia stood aside without saying a word, only smiling, perfectly matching Jiang Shengnan's showoff.

The neighbor who asked the question also laughed: "Then you are really lucky. Look at my daughter-in-law. Don't come here during the Chinese New Year. It would be nice to just make a phone call."

Jiang Shengnan quickly praised her daughter-in-law again. The two complimented each other for a while before she stopped smiling and continued walking forward with Chu Xia.

While walking, she said to Chu Xia: "The person just now is Lu Qin, the daughter-in-law of the director of the Logistics Department, who works in the military hospital. Don't listen to what she just said. In fact, she doesn't like her daughter-in-law and won't let her come. Don't listen to a word she says, and don't say anything to her."

Chu Xia remembered in her heart, Lu Qin, you only need to say hello when you meet, no in-depth communication is allowed.

On the way out of the family home, Chu Xia and An An were introduced to many family members by Jiang Shengnan. The family members looked at Chu Xia with some kind and friendly eyes, some with curiosity, and some with critical and disdainful eyes.

Chu Xia felt that she wouldn't have much contact with them in the future. It would be great if she could remember their names and not call the wrong person when greeting them. She didn't care about the rest.

An An was not interested in the family members in the family home either. He was more interested in the soldiers who walked past in formation from time to time.

This was a crowd he had never come into contact with before. The soldiers all walked in goose steps, with consistent steps and straight postures. They would also salute in unison when they saw Jiang Shengnan.

Every time he saw a team, An An stared at these soldiers with wide eyes. They all walked away, and he still looked back.

He was very curious why they would salute grandma when they saw her. It's just that he and Jiang Shengnan are not familiar with each other, and he rarely speaks in front of unfamiliar people.

He learned the word salute in his textbook. The teacher at that time taught that they should salute the national flag.

Chu Xia noticed his actions and asked him: "An'an, do you like these military uncles?"

An An: "I like it!"

Hearing this, Jiang Shengnan's eyes wrinkled with laughter. He touched Cen Huai'an's head and said, "An'an is so discerning! Soldiers who protect their homes and countries are the cutest people."