CHAPTER 69

Grandma Jiang's grave is in Babaoshan, Beijing.

It is always rainy during the Qingming period, and it has been drizzling outside in the morning in early summer. She knew that Cen Huai'an would also go with the school to visit the martyrs' graves today, and asked him to put on his raincoat.

She and Cen Zhengnian took the bus to Grandpa Jiang's house first. By this time, most of the Jiang family had arrived.

However, there are also some who don't come. They are too busy to put off work and can't even take a day off. For example, my aunt Yang Mei, her work always comes as she says, and she must deal with it quickly.

None of the children came, they were sent to school.

At this time, it was still raining lightly. Grandpa Jiang was the oldest and could not be exposed to the rain. Jiang Zhishu drove the car and took Grandpa Jiang, his second uncle, and his second aunt to go first, and the rest of the people took the bus.

When we got off the bus at the place, the rain outside had not stopped, but it had become lighter.

Cen Zhengnian held a big black umbrella over Chu Xia's head, and the two followed everyone towards the cemetery.

Uncle Jiang walked in the front. He looked more serious today. Everyone's expressions were heavy. Even the most outgoing Jiang Zhida was wearing a dignified black tunic suit today, and his usual cheerfulness was gone.

There are many people buried in Babaoshan Cemetery, and the Jiang family is not the only one who came to visit their graves today.

But regardless of whether they knew each other or not, when everyone met, they just nodded to each other without exchanging pleasantries.

Grandpa Jiang and Zhishu Jiang have already arrived. Zhishu Jiang is cleaning the weeds growing around the cemetery. Grandpa Jiang is sitting in front of the cemetery, throwing gold ingots and the like into the brazier and talking to the tombstone.

Second Uncle Jiang was handing Grandpa Jiang some paper money, his head lowered and his eyes red. The second aunt stood aside. She looked at the words on the tombstone, her eyes a little blank, and she didn't know what she was thinking.

There are several pots of blooming flowers placed around the tombstone, including not only chrysanthemums, but also gardenias, winter jasmine, lilacs...

Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian walked over and placed the flowers in their hands in front of the tombstone.

She specially prepared this. There are no flower shops at the moment, but there is a market selling potted flowers and plants.

Before early summer came, Cen Zhengnian and she went to buy yellow and white chrysanthemums. She tied the flowers into a bouquet with newspapers and colored cloths, and decorated them with some small flowers, branches and leaves. The whole bouquet was very beautiful.

When Cen Zhengnian saw the flowers wrapped in early summer, he seemed to have thought of something, and raised the corners of his mouth slightly: "My grandma will definitely like it when she sees it. She loves flowers very much."

Grandpa Jiang's hobby of growing flowers and plants was brought up by Grandma Jiang. In Cen Zhengnian's words, Grandma Jiang was a person with a very elegant taste in life. When Chu Xia listened, the image of an elegant old man came to mind.

Others were lighting incense and laying out sacrifices. Cen Zhengnian silently took the broom he brought in his basket and swept around the tombstone.

After everyone had paid their respects and Grandpa Jiang had finished saying everything he needed to say to Grandma Jiang, Cen Zhengnian knelt in front of Grandma Jiang's tomb, and Chu Xia knelt next to him.