CHAPTER 143

As technology develops step by step, Chu Xia sees more and more items that are familiar to her in later generations.

When others didn't dare to try it, or thought it was too expensive, she had already bought all those things, and her life was more comfortable.

Yan Hemin was very old. After he retired from the institute and returned home to retire, it was Cen Zhengnian who took over his duties and truly became the leader of the institute's projects.

As for the house assigned to Yan Hemin in the institute, Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian can no longer rent it. However, the house assigned to them is also in the same building and is also on the first floor.

It's just that moving is a little more troublesome.

But Chu Xia is very happy and can decorate the house exactly as she wants. All kinds of high-tech products that have come out are installed in the house.

After all, Jiang Zhishu's company makes home appliances. As a shareholder of a pharmaceutical company under the head office, Chu Xia can naturally get cheaper internal prices.

She doesn't lack the money, but who wouldn't be happy if she could save money. And the quality can be fully guaranteed.

Every house is equipped with air conditioning, floor heating, water heaters, fully automatic washing machines, double-door refrigerators...

There were also various sofas, chairs, and chandeliers that she bought with great effort. After the house was decorated, Ye Xingsu's daughter-in-law Shi Qin was the first to take a look with her daughter Zhuzhu.

As soon as they entered the house, the mother and daughter both had their eyes wide open and their mouths open, with exactly the same expression.

"Aunt Xia, your house is so beautiful!"

His beady eyes were glued to the gorgeous and beautiful crystal chandelier in the living room, while Shi Qin looked at the large cream-colored sofa with fondness on his face.

"This sofa looks so soft!"

Chu Xia smiled and invited them in: "You can sit on it and feel it."

"So comfortable."

Shi Qin and Zhuzhu sat on the sofa. They couldn't tell what they felt, they just knew that they didn't want to get up after sitting down.

Shi Qin patted the sofa and asked impatiently: "Where did you buy the sofa? I want to buy one too."

Chu Xia told her the name of the mall. It was a mall in Beijing that specialized in selling high-end sofas, tables, chairs, and beds. Shi Qin waved her hands when she heard it: "Forget it, I definitely can't afford the sofas in this mall. Enjoy it here." Just enjoy it."

This sofa was really comfortable. Shi Qin leaned back with a relaxed expression.

Chu Xia sat opposite the two of them and said with a smile: "You can enjoy whatever you want, do you want to watch TV?"

As soon as Shi Qin and Zhuzhu came in, they saw the large color TV in the living room. They had never seen such a big and thin TV.

After turning it on in early summer, Shi Qin and Zhuzhu immediately liked the new and disliked the old when they saw the clear figures and the various TV programs they could find. They loved this TV the most.

They found the popular TV series they were following and talked to Chu Xia while watching it.

When it was time to cook at noon, the two didn't want to leave yet. The newly renovated home in early summer is so comfortable. Although it is summer, the home is very cool and I don't feel the sweltering heat of summer at all.

Especially as soon as we go out, it's hot outside, and the contrast is even more obvious.

Shi Qin couldn't buy all the other things in Chu Xia's family, but he had to buy the air conditioner. After buying it, Xia Qin would suffer a lot less.

When Cen Zhengnian returned home from outside, he felt the coolness of his home, and his eyes showed relief.

"I'm back. Today Shi Qin and Zhu Zhu came. I cut a watermelon and half of it was left. Do you want to eat it?"

If Cen Zheng eats it in her first year, she won't put it in the refrigerator in early summer. Watermelon tastes best when it's fresh. But when she takes it out from the refrigerator, she always feels that the taste is not as good as when it's freshly cut.

Cen Zhengnian nodded, Chu Xia took out the watermelon and put a spoon on it.

"Is it hot outside?"

Seeing Cen Zhengnian eating spoonfuls of watermelon attentively, she could tell that he was in a good mood.

"It's quite hot. It's probably going to rain." The weather outside is now very hot and sultry. Not long after I went out, I was covered in sweat, and my clothes stuck to my body, which was very uncomfortable.

Chu Xia raised her eyebrows, pointed at the air conditioners in the room and asked proudly: "Now do you know what a wise choice I made to install these air conditioners?"

At first, Cen Zhengnian felt that there was no need to install so much space. One in the living room was enough.

Chu Xia didn't listen to him at all. The living room and kitchen were already installed, otherwise why not sleep in the living room at night.

Cen Zhengnian ate the watermelon and said "Hmm": "I am not as far-sighted as Madam."

The smile on Chu Xia's face became even brighter. She knew that Cen Zhengnian said this more to coax her, but it did not affect her happiness when she heard it.

In addition to the air conditioner, a desktop computer was also installed at home, with network cables attached. It was very expensive, and the computers didn't have as many functions as the Internet speeds of later generations.

But whether in Cen Zhengnian or early summer, they really need a computer. After having a computer, some of Cen Zhengnian's work can be carried out on the computer, and he can also query a lot of information, which is of great help to his work.

In Chu Xia, she simply used it to sort out various medical cases, as well as her experiences of seeing a doctor and reading and studying every time.

After Cen Huaian returns home, he will also use the computer.

Therefore, if there are more advanced new products for computers, the old computers at home will be disposed of in early summer.

Of course, she doesn't change it very frequently. She won't change it when the computer at home can meet her needs.

In addition to computers, communication tools Chuxia have also been at the forefront of technology.

When Big Brother became popular, Chu Xia could afford it, but she thought it was expensive and inconvenient, so she only installed a phone at home for easy communication and did not buy Big Brother.

But later when PHS, Nokia, and Motorola came out with small mobile phones, Chu Xia was the first to buy one. Not only did she buy one for herself, but Cen Zhengnian, Cen Huai'an, Jiang Shengnan, and Cen's father each bought one.

Jiang Shengnan held the small Nokia mobile phone and was very happy: "Actually, we have a phone at home. It doesn't matter whether your dad or I have a mobile phone."

"It's easy to carry your phone with you."

Chu Xia smiled and looked at the way she couldn't put it down while holding the phone, and said, "You and my dad take it with you when you go out. If anything happens, you can call Zheng Nian and me directly."

Jiang Shengnan nodded "Yeah," and he and his father Cen leaned together to study how to use this small mobile phone.

Chu Xia was teaching two old people who were very interested.

Jiang Shengnan and Cen's father are willing to accept new things and study very seriously. The two of them are also smart. After only being taught once in Chu Xia, they know everything.

"It's really convenient. It's better than carrying a big brother."

Chu Xia nodded, but thought about the smart phones that would appear in the future. She had witnessed the step-by-step development of technology.