CHAPTER 82

On Sunday, the family arrived at the courtyard house.

Jiang Zhida also came with Zhang Lu and Jiang Weixian. The two children heard that they were here to play jujube, and they pestered Jiang Zhida to come and join in the fun.

In early summer, when the vermilion door of the courtyard was opened, the two dogs Huangzi and Heizi couldn't wait to rush into the courtyard. The original sense of loneliness that the house gave people disappeared instantly, and the liveliness was restored again.

Zhang Lu held Jiang Weixian with one hand and Cen Huai'an with the other. He laughed and followed the two dogs into the yard.

Cen Huaian was forced to run along.

"Jujube! So many dates!" Zhang Lu's loud cheering voice came from the yard.

Jiang Weixian also called her "Zao", but An An, the only child, did not speak.

In early summer, when you pass the screen wall, you will see the withered yellow leaves covering the yard. Looking down, you will see Cen Huaian, a small one standing under the tall jujube tree, looking up at the jujubes on the tree. There is light in the eyes.

While Zhang Lu was trying hard to climb up the tree, Jiang Zhida picked him up by the collar and lifted him down like an eagle catching a chick. Jiang Weixian ran happily around the big tree and shouted.

Cen Zhengnian looked at them with a smile in his eyes: "They are now just like when I was playing jujube with my elder brother, Da Zi and the others when I was a child."

Chu Xia recalled it and said: "I didn't pick dates when I was a child, but I did pick pomegranates."

Cen Zhengnian: "Grandpa has a pomegranate tree at home, and we can pick it soon."

Pomegranates and dates come out in about the same season, both around the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Jujube trees tend to grow a kind of insect called chinchilla, which is the green thorn moth. Its body is full of venomous stingers. If you touch it, you will be stung, and red and swollen pimples will appear immediately.

So before playing jujube, Chu Xia, Cen Zhengnian and the others helped the children to be fully armed, not exposing any skin, and even covering their faces.

Jiang Zhida found a bamboo pole in the yard with ease, and tied an inverted V-shaped branch to the bamboo pole. Then he tried to hook it gently, and the ripe dates fell one after another.

Zhang Lu and Jiang Weixian ran with laughter and shouts. Because they were wrapped tightly and wore thick hats, they were not afraid of pain.

Cen Huai'an held up the hem of his clothes, and the dates fell into a small pile. He grabbed the clothes with his two little hands and ran to Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian.

"Mom, dad, eat dates."

As he spoke, he also put on his clothes.

There are dates in Cen Huai'an's pocket, some big and some small, most of them are half red and half green, and they look very sweet.

Chu Xia smiled and reached out to pick up a few, wiped them on her gloves, took a bite, and stuffed another one into Cen Huai'an's mouth.

The dates are indeed crisp, sweet, and full of water, making you want to eat them after eating one.

Cen Zhengnian also took a few dates. He smiled and touched Cen Huaian's head and asked him to eat them by himself.

Zhang Lu and Jiang Wei first squatted on the ground to pick up the dates that had just fallen, and ate them while picking them up. However, there were only a few dates that were not thrown into the basket next to them.