CHAPTER 53

Cen Zhengnian had already walked to the bedside. He was about to lift the quilt and get into bed. When he heard Chu Xia's words, he looked up at her with joy in his eyes.

His wife cares about him so much, and whenever she thinks of this, she can't help but feel sweetness in her heart.

He explained to her in a serious tone: "I have never had any personal contact with Fang Lingling. When I was at the base, I only focused on my work, so the popularity you mentioned should not exist."

He also carefully thought about life at the base. Among the staff around him, he was sure that Fang Lingling was the only one who was not focused on work.

When Chu Xia heard his serious answer, she was stunned for a moment. She was actually just joking, but Cen Zhengnian explained it so seriously, as if he was afraid that she would misunderstand.

"I..." She opened her mouth, not knowing what to say.

Cen Zhengnian had already gone to bed and sat next to her. He reached out and held her hand: "I know, I'm afraid you will misunderstand."

He knew that Chu Xia had no intention of raising an army to hold him accountable, and even if he did, it would be fine. This was what he should do. But he didn't want Chu Xia to have any misunderstanding about this kind of thing.

Chu Xia's heart was shocked. She looked at Cen Zhengnian, and her heart seemed to skip a beat, and like a drop of honey, a faint sweetness floated up.

"I didn't misunderstand." Chu Xia quickly looked away, fearing that if she looked at him a few more times, she would lose control of her heartbeat.

Cen Zheng young laughed out loud: "Yeah."

Listening to his laughter, Chu Xia suddenly felt her face getting a little hot. Her hand unconsciously clasped the book she had just placed next to her, and her heart beat faster again.

"Did you see the words?" Cen Zhengnian suddenly said.

Chu Xia reacted for a while, then remembered what words he said. When she remembered the poem written on the piece of paper, she "boomed" and her face became even hotter.

"I saw it." Chu Xia pursed her lips, trying to keep her tone calm and asked: "Why did you think of writing "Zi Jin"?"

The meaning of this poem was so clear that when she thought that it was written by Cen Zhengnian to her, Chu Xia couldn't help but feel her ears warm.

Cen Zhengnian leaned on the bed, very relaxed, and said with a gentle smile in his tone: "When I wrote it, I felt that this poem best suited my mood."

He indeed missed his wife and children very much. When he was working, he was focused on his work, but when he took a break, the image of An'an getting along with Chu Xia filled his mind overwhelmingly.

Cen Zhengnian wanted to accompany An An to school. He wanted to spend time with Chu Xia doing questions and answering her questions at night. He wanted to be able to see their faces when they woke up in the morning. The happiness he felt was indescribable.

Once you try it, you become addicted and can never quit.

Cen Zhengnian asked her what she thought of his calligraphy.

Chu Xia thought for a moment and said, "You can write better than me."

"How does it compare with grandpa?" Cen Zhengnian looked at her, the tenderness in his eyes seemed to transform people.

Chu Xia quickly avoided his eyes and said in a quick tone: "You two have different styles, there is no comparison. But I think grandpa's words are free and easy, while your words seem to be carrying something, a bit heavy."