CHAPTER 85

I previously said that I would invite colleagues from the institute to my home for dinner, but due to various things, I was unable to do so.

As for Cen Zhengnian's birthday this time, Chu Xia discussed with him: "On your birthday, how about inviting your better colleagues from the institute to help you celebrate?"

Cen Zhengnian was taking off the scarf around his neck when he heard this and said, "I don't need to celebrate my birthday like this. I can just eat an egg on that day."

He didn't care about these rituals, and he was busy celebrating birthdays in early summer, so he didn't want her to be too tired.

Chu Xia turned to look at Cen Huaian: "An'an, did you say you wanted to celebrate dad's birthday?"

"I think!" Cen Huaian nodded immediately. He thought for a while and then said, "But mom, I just want to spend time with you and my dad."

In fact, Chu Xia also wanted to do this, but she always had to find a reason to treat everyone to a meal.

"An An and I moved here. Your teacher helped us. Your colleagues also helped us when we had trouble. I should treat them to a meal."

Cen Zhengnian looked at Chu Xia and nodded: "Let's set the time for this Sunday. I can come back to help."

"good."

*

On Sunday, early summer, I started to get busy after eating in the morning.

Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian had discussed the dishes in advance, and he took advantage of noon time to buy them.

Cen Zhengnian still doesn't know how to pick vegetables, but there are no fresh vegetables in winter. Other potatoes and cabbages are big and small, but nothing bad. Cen Zhengnian still knows how to look at them.

Cen Zhengnian specially asked for leave today, and he and Cen Huaian worked together in the kitchen to help Chu Xia.

However, the kitchen was small, so Chu Xia soon let Cen Huaian go out to play by himself.

She called Grandpa Jiang. An An would not go to his house to learn chess today, but he needed to study at home.

Only Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian were left in the kitchen. Chu Xia gave instructions and Cen Zhengnian followed them one by one.

"You peel the potatoes."

"Cut the beef into chunks."

"This piece of pork is washed."

Because it was a treat, several big dishes had to be cooked. Not to mention early summer, Cen Zheng was very busy all year round.

He was either sitting on a small bench peeling potatoes, cutting meat on the chopping board, or washing cabbage in front of the faucet.

In early summer, he has been beside the pot, cooking on the coal stove.

Because there were a lot of dishes to cook, I even borrowed Yan Hemin's coal stove.

Cen Zhengnian felt that it was hard for the two of them to be busy. He thought to himself that he was lucky to have taken leave and came back. Otherwise, he would have been alone in early summer and he would not have known how tired he would be.

After a busy morning, all the dishes were finally ready, and at this time, the colleagues from the institute invited by Cen Zhengnian also came over.

Cen Zhengnian did not invite many people. In addition to Yan Hemin and Ye Xingxu, he also invited five people with whom he usually had good relationships.