Ch 20

sabrinamay01 call me tmrw whenever you can. We for real need to hang out. I'm free the rest of the summer, i think. Zoo camp ends this friday (7/24) which means I'm done volunteering for the summer. I'm so relieved. I had to get up at 7 in the morning on mondays and tuesdays. Do you know how much that sucked since I stayed up till 3 in the morning? Anyways WE NEED TO MAKE PLANS! 

--------

2 months later

She is 8 months pregnant

Izzy's pov

Today is an off day for Hayes and I. My mom is watching Ash. I am bored out of my mind. I've already checked my social media, twice, there is nothing on the tv. "What to do what to do." I say to myself while fiddling my thumbs. Oh i know! "Hayes!" I call out. He comes running in. "What?!" He asks. "Lets adopt a kid from the orphanage." I say. "Ok."He agrees. "Help me up, and lets go" I say holding out my hands.  He pulls me up by my hands and grabs his keys. We walk outside and into his car. 

-

"Hello how can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asks. "Um, I would like to adopt a child today" I say. "Ok, what age group?" She asks.  "14-15" Hayes says for me.  "What gender?" The lady asks. "Male" I say. "Ok. Let me call them down." She says. 

Gabe's pov

"I need all 14 and 15 year old boys to come down into the adoption room." The intercom booms through my room. I pick myself up off my bed. I hate it here. It sucks. I walk down the stairs. I see a woman and a man standing there. The woman looks like she's about to pop. "Guys, this is Isabella and Hayes Grier." Ms. Lee says. I hate her with a burning passion. She's so mean. Isabella and Hayes look down the line. I am last in line. Isabella stops at me and turns to Hayes. He looks at me as well. They smile and Isabella walk down to where I'm standing. "Hello, sweetie, what's your name?" She asks. "Hi, and my name is Gabe" I say shyly. "Hayes come here" She says. Hayes walks down to where Isabella and I are standing. "Yes?" He asks her. "I want him" She says nodding her head at me. He smiles. "His name is Gabe" She says. "Ms. Lee. We'll take Gabe" Isabella says. "Why do you want Gabe?" Ms. Lee asks rudely. "Because he is sweet and we want him" Isabella snaps. "Whatever, come fill out the papers. Gabe get your stuff and everyone else, you are dismissed." Ms. Lee says.  Hayes walks with Ms. Lee to, i guess, fill out paperwork and Isabella stays with me. "Go get your stuff" She says nicely. I nod and quickly get my stuff. 

-

I walk back down stairs and see Isabella sitting on the floor against the wall. I sit in front of her.  "Thank you so so so much for adopting me! You are the best" I say. "I hate it here" I add. "It will all be ok soon. I will take very good care of you." Isabella says with sincere and care in her eyes but with a smile. I love her already. 

Izzy's pov

"Wanna know something?" I ask. "Yes" Gabe says. (Gabe is 14 and his parents abandoned him.) "Well, when I was 10, my parents 'died' in a fatal plane crash." I say using air quotes. "I was put in this same orphanage when I was 10. I was adopted when I was 14 by this amazing guy named Cameron Dallas" I say. Gabe looks at me in shock. "I lived with him and his 9 friends. Hayes was one of them. As soon as I saw Hayes I fell in love. It was like love in first sight" I say remembering that day. "He didn't care that I was an orphan. He loved me just as much as he would've if I wasn't an orphan. We soon started dating. When I was 16 I got pregnant with Hayes' child. It only made Hayes and I closer. When I had her 9 months later, I named her Ashlynn. A few days after that, when I brought her home, Cameron handed me 5 disks. They were memories of me and my parents. My dad loved to film. A few minutes after watching all of the videos there was a knock on my door. Cam answered it and I looked back.  When I looked back, I saw my parents" I say. I explain the rest of the story of my life. "Wow" Gabe says with tears in his eyes. He hugs me.  Hayes walks out. "Ready to go?" He asks.  I nod and hold out my hands. Gabe stands up. He grabs my hands and pulls me up. "Dang, even for a pregnant lady, you're light" Gabe says. I laugh. Hayes grabs my hand.