Ch 86

Sammy's pov

I wake up at James' house. No we did not do the nasty. We had a movie/date night. 

I walk into his bathroom. I shut the door and take off my clothes. 

I step into the shower, after it got hot. 

I hear the door open. I forgot to lock it. Crap!

"Get out!" I say. "Nah babe. I need to shower. I thought we could conserve water." James says. "Um no. Leave." I say. "Fine" he says. I hear the door close. 

-

When I finish showering, I peep my head out. Where is my- never mind. "JAMES!" I yell. "What?" He asks. "My towel?" I ask. 

"What- Oh you mean this?" He asks holding out the towel. "can I have it?" I ask. "You have to come get it" He smirks. "No. Give me my towel" I demand. He sighs and gives it to me. I thank him. 

I quickly wrap it around myself and slide the curtains over. I see that James left the bathroom. 

I lock the door and then quickly get dressed. I leave my hair loose so it can air dry. 

I grab my dirty clothes and walk out of his bathroom. I see him sitting on his bed, but he is accompanied by another boy. I put my clothes into my bag. 

"Oh, Drew, this is my girlfriend Sammy. Sammy, this is my 13 year old brother." James smiles. I smile and wave. "Nice to meet you" I smile. Drew nods and smiles. 

"Well, Sammy, your mom texted you, saying that she was on her way." James frowns. "Awe man." I frown. James gets up and hugs me. "I had fun on our date night" He smiles. "Me too James, me too." I smile. He kisses me. 

-

"My mom is here." I say. He nods. He stands up and pulls me up. I grab my bag. 

We walk downstairs hand in hand. I see Drew sitting on the couch with another boy. "This is Drew's friend Danny. This is Sammy, my girlfriend." James says. I smile and wave. 

I stop by the door. "Bye baby. Have fun at your family barbecue." James smiles. "Trust me bae, I will" I smile. He smiles and kisses me. 

I say goodbye and walk out to my mom's car. "Hi mom" I smile. She smiles. "Hey. Did you guys have fun?" She asks. "Yeah. We watched Get Hard, The Purge, and The Outfield" I smile. "That's your Uncle Cam and Uncle Nash's movie from years ago." Mom smiles. "I knowwww" I say. 

"I'm glad you had fun." Mom smiles. "Me too mom, me too." I say. "When is the barbecue?" I ask. 

"Tonight at five" Mom smiles, not taking her eyes off of the road. I nod. "Ok. I can't wait to see everyone." I smile. "Your uncles, dad, and I are gonna have a game of football, which we played when we were younger" Mom smiles, sighing when she finishes. She is probably reminiscing her 'good ol days'. 

-

When we get home, I walk to my room. I put on my outfit. It consists of a pair of ripped, white jean shorts, with a "no bad vibes" grey tank top. I matched that outfit with a pair of grey Keds. I have on my peach bikini on under my outfit. 

 I pulled my hair into a high, messy ponytail. 

When everyone gets here, I sit on the grass as my parents and uncles play a game of football. I have to admit, my mom is an amazing football player. Especially for a girl and a 60 year old. 

I smile as I watch my mom play with a huge smile on her face. 

There is a picture of all of my uncles and my parents playing football, with huge smiles on their faces. My mom looked to be around 15. 

When they finish their game of football, dad and Nash make steaks, hot dogs, and cheese/hamburgers while the rest of us chill on the grass, in the chairs, or in the pool. 

It feels good to be surrounded by my family. 

Izzy's pov 

I walk up to Hayes as he flips a hamburger. "Hey baby" He smiles. "Heyyy" I say dragging out the y. He smiles. "It feels amazing to have the family here." I smile. He nods. "It does. It really does. I didn't realize that I missed them so much until today." Hayes smiles. "Me too babe, me too." I smile. 

"Food!" Hayes and Nash yell when they finish the meat. I already had the sides on the picnic tables, but I had them covered. 

I sit down with my family as we all dig into the food. 

"I'll pray" Cam says. "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for this wonderful food. I am sure that we are all blessed to have the wonderful people that we have right now, also called our family. I know I am. Lord, please forgive us for our sins, and in your name, Amen" Cam prays. "Amen" We all repeat. 

"Dig in!" Cam exclaims. I laugh and eat. 

-

When we all finish eating, we get comfortable since the sun is setting. 

We gather around the fire pit, which Hayes lit.  

We sit on logs and talk. 

"Shawn! You should sing!" I exclaim. Everyone agrees with me. Shawn eventually agrees. 

He grabs his guitar. "This song is called Life of the Party. This song is from when your parents were teenagers. Izzy was 13 or 14." Shawn announces. 

Shawn starts to strum his guitar. 

"I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go
Pretending like there's no one else here that we know
Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Come out tonight, come out tonight
There's no one standing in your way
Come out tonight, come out tonight
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Life of the party
So don't let them keep you down
Oh you know you can't give up
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party"

When he finishes singing, we all clap. "Man, that song brings back so many memories." Hayes smiles, looking at me. "It does." I smile. "I remember doing this exact thing 46 years ago. We were all sitting around a fire after a barbecue. It was only Cam, Nash, Matt, Carter, Shawn, Taylor, Aaron, Hayes, the Jacks and I though." I smile. "Shawn sang that exact song." I smile looking around at my large family. 

"I still remember when no one had any kids. We were all teenagers." I smile. "I was 20" Cam says. "We were all teenagers." I smile. Cam laughs. "Do you guys wish you could go back to then?" Eliza asks. I shake my head. "No" Everyone else says. "Those days are the ones that led up to this. They are the days that made us into who we are today." I smile. "I'm glad that Cameron adopted me. I'm glad that I met these amazing guys. I'm glad that I married Hayes. I'm glad that I am who I am." I smile. 

Everyone agrees. "I love you guys" I smile. "I love you too" Everyone else says. I smile. I sure am glad that I have this amazing family. 

---

A/N:

Don't worry. This isn't the last chapter. :))