Ch 89

Hayes' pov

Today is the day Izzy and I's wedding anniversary of 38 years. I get out of bed at 5 in the morning. I have a lot of stuff to do. I quickly change into sweats and a t-shirt. I slide my vans on and head out to my keys, after getting my phone, wallet, and keys. 

I drive to the bouquet shop. I park and walk into the shop. "No way! Hayes Grier?" A lady asks. I turn around. I see a woman who looks to be around my age with a boy who looks to be 15. I smile at her. "Hi" I say. She smiles. "Can I get your picture? If you don't mind" She asks. I nod. 

I quickly take a picture with her and walk to the counter. "Hayes Grier" I say. The woman nods and comes back with the roses that I ordered. I pay and walk to my car. I sit the vase of flowers on the floor of the passenger side. 

I drive to the bakery. I walk to the counter. I order the cake that I want and wait. While I wait, I write a long note for Izzy. 

Izzy's pov

I wake up to Hayes being gone. Where did he go? I check my phone. Sure enough, he texted me. "Morning babe. Happy 38th anniversary. I left you a present on the table downstairs. BT dubbs I am out running errands. Love you! XOXO Hayes, your Bae" I read. I laugh at the ending. I reply and walk downstairs. 

I see a vase of roses on the living room table. "Awe" I say. I walk closer and see a note by them. I read it. 

"My Dear Isabella,

38 years. That's a long time. You know what those 38 years have been for me? Happiness, joyful, romantic, love, laughter. I could go on and on. But there is also the ordinary hurt and sadness. We have had many bumps along our road, but we've passed them together. I didn't want to live perfect life. I wanted to live a life with you. 

You have not only been my wife or girlfriend, but my first love, my best friend, the mother of my beloved children. If I asked for a perfect wife, I would end up with you Izzy. You are the definition of perfect in my eyes. You may argue with me saying that you have flaws. You do, and that is what makes you perfect. Your flaws are what makes you perfect. 

I have been the happiest with you Izzy. No one could make me this happy. Baby girl, you were my first love, my first true love, my first time, and you are the mother of my first child. We've had a lot of firsts together. We will also have a lot of lasts together. 

I am so glad that Cameron adopted you. Even if he didn't, we still would've met. I believe that God has brought us together. This was all his plan. For us to fall in love, have children, and have grandchildren. 

Happy 38th anniversary Isabella Rose Grier. Man I love saying, hearing, writing, and seeing that. You went from Isabella Rose Mason to Isabella Rose Dallas, to Isabella Rose Grier. 

I love you so much baby. I love you more than you will ever know. I'll see you when I get home babe. I love you so so so so so so so much. XOXO. 

Hayes, your babe, bae, best friend, lover, and baby daddy." 

I cry after reading the letter. I can tell that Hayes smirked when writing 'baby daddy'. He is the biggest goof ever. 

-

Around an hour later the door opened. Hayes walks in. I get up and hug him. I cry into his shoulder. "I love you so much. Happy 38 years" I say into his chest. "I love you too baby. Happy 38 years" He says. 

"Look at me" Hayes says. I look up. He smiles. He places his lips onto mine. Soon after, he pulls apart. 

The rest of the night consisted of us cuddling, watching movies, and kissing. 

This man knows how to make me smile and happy.