Ch 60

I year later

Eliza's pov

Zach and I have been dating for almost three years. We're 18 and have graduated from high school. I was the valedictorian. Zach was too. 

-

"Let's have a movie night! Zach can come too" Mom says out of nowhere. I nod in agreement. 

-

"Hey baby, how've you been?" Zach asks me when he walks into the house. "Great" I smile. 

We sit on the couch and start watching the movie. 

-

About halfway through the movie, I get this sharp pain. I groan and lean over. "Honey, are you ok?" Mom asks, while Zach rubs my back. "Yeah. Probably just period cramps" I say and lean back. 

Another pain comes. I groan and lean over again. Mom gets me an advil. I take it and drink some water. 

The pain returns ten minutes later. I get up to use the bathroom. No blood. Odd. It's probably my pre-period cramps. I walk back out. 

-

The pain returns again. "El, I think something might seriously be wrong." Mom says getting worried. 

"I'll take her to the hospital. I'l call you when I find out, ok?" Zach says. They nod. 

Zach helps me stand up. I bend over as the pain comes again. Zach picks me up and sprints towards his truck. 

-

As Zach was speeding towards the hospital, police sirens blare behind us. Zach curses under his breath. 

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" The cop asks Zach. "Yes" Zach says. The pain comes again. Zach comforts me as it continues. 

"Is everything alright?" He asks Zach and I. "I don't know. She is getting these pains." Zach says. 

-

When we get to the hospital, Zach runs in. "HELP! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!" Zach yells. A male nurse takes me from Zach. 

Zach's pov

I start to follow the nurses and doctors as they carry El. 

-

They do all kinds of tests on poor Eliza. 

"There is a possibility that this could be cancer" Dr. Dan says. My heart breaks, right then and there. "What?" Eliza barely says. I sit by her side and run her arm. 

-

"The blood tests came in. Here are the results." A nurse says. Dr. Dan takes them.

After a few minutes, he looks at us and smiles. "This is definitely not cancer" He says. El and I sigh in relief. "I think I know what is going on" He says. 

He puts gel on El's stomach. She flinches. "You ok?" I ask her. "Yeah, it's just cold." She smiles, but it soon disappears due to the pain. I hold her hand and comfort her until the pain disappears. 

Dr. Dan moves the stick thingy around her stomach. He looks at the screen. He smiles. 

"Have you gotten your period lately?" He asks. "My cycle is normally irregular, so I didn't think anything of it. 

"Well Zach, Eliza, you guys are gonna be parents." He says. He shows us the baby. 

"I can't be pregnant. We've never had unprotected sex" Eliza says. "Sometimes the condoms break." He explains. 

"And Eliza, the pains you have been feeling were contractions. Eliza, you are in labor." He says. her eyes widen. I just sit there in shock. 

I pull out my phone. I call Izzy. 

"Hey! How is she? What's wrong?" She asks. "You might wanna get here and fast" I say. She hangs up. 

-

"Where's my baby? What's wrong?" She asks running into the room. "Mom" Eliza says. "El! What's wrong?" Izzy asks. El bursts into tears. "You're gonna be so disappointed in me" She says. "Baby, what's wrong?" Izzy asks. "Mom, I-I'm gonna be a mom" El cries. Izzy hugs her. 

Izzy's pov

I go and sit down in the waiting room. I put my head in my hands. "Izzy, what's wrong with our daughter?" Hayes asks. 

I stand up and motion for him to follow me. "Hayes, she is going into labor" I say. His face goes into shock. "I trust them. They can do it" He smiles. I smile and sit back down. "Mom, what's wrong with Eliza?" Ollie asks. "You'll find out in a little bit" I say. He nods. 

-

Eliza's pov

"Push! Almost there!" Dr. Dan says. I push one last time. 

The room is soon filled with baby's cries. I look at Zach. He has tears in his eyes. I do too. "Baby, that's our baby." He says and kisses me I smile. 

"Congrats! You guys had a beautiful baby girl." Dr. Dan says. 

He hands me her. I look at her. She looks like me. 

-

The nurses take her to get cleaned up. 

Mom, dad, Ollie, Noah, the twins, Sammy, Ash, Wes, Danny, Ben, and Bella come in. (Ash had a daughter names Bella. I forgot about her until I reread some of my chapters.) 

"El! What happened?" Ollie asks. He noticed how I was breathing heavy and sweaty. "Well-" I get cut off by the nurse coming in with our daughter. Everyone's eyes widen, except mom and dad's. 

Zach holds her. "What is her name?" Ollie asks. I look at Zach. He nods. 

"Elizabeth Rose" I smile. Zach smiles. The girls squeal while the guys awe.