Ch 36

"Justin?" Hayes asks the guy. He nods. He smiles and nods. "You've got a beautiful family" Justin tells Hayes. Hayes looks at us and smiles. "Have you guys met?" Hayes asks Justin. "Isabella?" Justin asks. I nod. "It's so nice to see that you guys are together after many years. 24 years to be exact." He says after he hugs me. Your daughters are beautiful and your sons are handsome" He smiles. 

Liz puts on music. God Bless the Broken Road comes on. Hayes looks at me. I nod. I stand up. I put my hands around his neck while he rests his hands on my waist. 

 I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

That every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes it did

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
And others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know it's true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yeah

And now I'm rolling home
Into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
Ooh, ooh
That led me straight to you  

At the end of the song we pulled apart. Hayes looks at me and smiles. I return the smile. I looked at Ash and saw that she was recording. "That is going on instagram" She smirks. I laugh. There was a knock on the door. Justin gets up to answer it. He comes back with a girl by his side. She is obviously pregnant. She looks so familiar. "Oh my gosh. Hayes?" She asks. He smiles. She walks over and hugs him. I can't help but feel jealous. "Mom's jealous" Eliza smirks. "No I'm not" I say. "Are too" She replies. I shake my head. When they are done hugging I study her face. "Awe, is Izzy jelly?" Hayes asks. I shake my head. I'm not jealous" I mumble. "It's ok baby. I got jealous when you hugged Justin" He smirks. I shake my head. He smirks. I flip him off. "Wait, Isabella? As in Isabella Dallas?" the girl asks. I nod. She hugs me. "It's so good to see you!" She says. I look at her confused. "It's me. Natalie Bailey" She says. i fake smile at her. She made my middle school life torture. "What's wrong? You don't seem to happy" She says. "Why would I be happy to see the person who bullied me in middle school?" I spit at her. "Izzy" Hayes warns. "Why would I want to see the person who was the reason that I wanted to die? Why would I want to see the person who made me the biggest loser, who told everyone that I slept with 45 guys, the person who told everyone that i had an abortion? Let me tell you something. I've only slept with one guy. I've never had an abortion, I've-" "Isabella Rose, stop" Hayes yells. I look at Hayes. "Are you taking her side?" I ask him. "No, I don't want our kids to experience this. She probably didn't do anything to you" He says. "BULL CRAP BENJAMIN! YOU DIDN'T GO TO SCHOOL WITH ME IN MIDDLE SCHOOL SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH BECAUSE OF NATALIE AND HER LITTLE POSSE.  SHE IS THE REASON THAT I CUT MY SELF, STARVED MYSELF, AND THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING MY OWN LIFE" I yell at him. "whatever Izzy" He says. "Don't call me izzy. Only people I like can call me Izzy." I say and storm out. 

Hayes' pov

"Don't call me izzy, only people I like can call me Izzy." Izzy says and storms out. I roll my eyes. "Wow dad" Ash says. "Come on kids" She says and grabs Danny. Shane grabs Sammy. They walk out. Mom and dad give me disappointed looks. Justin shakes his head and grabs Natalie's hand. "What she said is true. I feel awful." She says with a look of guilt. I sit on the couch and put my head in my heads. I take out my phone and call Izzy. No answer. I get up and walk out the door. I walk to the park. I see the old tree. I walk over to the tree and climb up. I sit on the branch Izzy and I carved on. I traced my fingers over the carvings. I smile. These bring back so many memories. Some of the carvings were:

I+H=forever

Hizzy

May 16 2014

And so many more. I noticed some newer carvings. 

n+a

And more. I got confused. I felt a tear fall from my eyes. "What are you doing in my tree?" I hear someone ask. I look down and see a boy and a girl who looked to be about 15. "This was my tree first" I tell them. "Are you Hayes?" He asks. I hop down and nod. "Are you and Izzy still together?" He asks. I nod. "Hayes?" I hear someone say. I turn around and see Izzy. I open my arms. She runs into them. "Look Isabella, I'm so sorry. Natalie told me everything and I should've believed you. You have been mine for 24 years now. We have 6 kids now." I say. Some tears fall from my eyes. "I understand. I love you" She says. I smile. "I love you too" I smile. We share a kiss. "Who are they?" She asks nicely. "These are the kids that come to this tree now." i smile. She smiles. "You guys have been together for 24 years?" They ask. "Yeah, dated for 4 and have been married for 20." I smile. The girl smiles. 

-

We walk back to my house. When we walk in, we see the kids sitting on the couch. When they see me, they roll their eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at your father" Izzy warns. "Did you guys make up?" Ash asks. I smile and nod.