Ch 22

One month later

Izzy's pov

"Hayes" I say over the phone. I was in Cam's car. Mom has Ash since my due date is tomorrow. Hayes is at practice. "What babe?" He asks since he was in the middle of practice. "My water broke. Cam is taking me to the hospital" I tell him. "On my way" Hayes says. 

Hayes pov

"Coach!" I call out. "What Grier?" He asks. "I've gotta go. I have to leave early" I say. "Why?" He asks. "Izzy's water broke. I've gotta be there for her when she has the triplets." I tell him. "You're dismissed Grier" He says. "Thanks coach" I say. I collect  my things and run to my car. 

-

"I'm here for Isabella Grier" I say. "You can't go in there" She tells me. "I'm her husband." I say. "Room 239" She tells me. I run to her room. When I arrive I see Cam by her bed. "Hey Hayes." She half smiles at me. "Hi babe" I say and hug her. I kiss her. 

-

"We need an emergency C-section" The doctor says. They take Izzy away and I follow her. "I'm sorry sir. This is an emergency. You can't come the nurse stops me. I sigh and walk into the waiting room. I check my phone and see that coach texted me. "How is she doing?" He asked. I decide to call him.

Hello?

Hey coach

How is she?

they just took her into emergency c-section and I couldn't come

We're on our way

He hangs up. I sigh. "It will be ok. She will make it." Nash tells me. I hug him. My coach and my team mates walk in. Coach hugs me. I hug him back. "We're gonna move you into another room"  nurse tells us.

We walk into a different waiting room.  Nash comforts me. Izzy's mom and dad arrive with Ash. I called them and told them what happened. Brad and Ally walk in with Gabe. A doctor walks in. "Can I please speak to the husband of Isabella." He says. I stand up and we go into the hall. He has a sad look on his face. "I have good news and bad news. Your triplets are just fine. You had two boys and a girl. But Isabella didn't make it through the surgery." He says. I break down and fall onto my knees. We have her stable but she is in a coma. She isn't doing to well" The doctor continues. He comforts me. "C-can you get Cameron?" I ask. He nods. Soon after Cam comes running out. When he sees me on the ground his face saddens. He helps me up and we walk into the waiting room. When the guys see me their faces sadden. "Would you like to see your children?" He asks. I nod. He comes back moments later with two nurses. They each have a child in their arms. I am handed my daughter while Nash and Cam have my sons. 

The nurses take my children. "So Hayes. Why were you crying earlier?" Coach asks. I begin to cry a lot harder. I shake my head. "Is it Izzy?" Cam asks. I nod. The doctor walks in. "Doctor, what happened to Izzy?" Cam asks. The doctor told them what happened. They all started bawling. Even my team mates and my coach. They met her a few time. Coach walks up to me and hugs me. "I-i'm so sorry Hayes. I-i hope t-that she'll make it. S-she is and amazing wo-oman and a great moth-her" Coach says while crying. "T-thanks c-coach" I say. "Would you like to see your wife?" A nurse asks when she walks in. I pull away from coached embrace and nod. She puts her arms around my waist to help me walk since i'm a mess. "I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve this. Nobody does. I will do all that I can to help her survive. Her children need her and most importantly you need her" The nurse says. "T-thank -you" I manage to say. We arrive at Izzy's room. I see her attached to a lot of wires. I break down again. I walk over to her bed and kiss her forehead. I grab her hand. "Izzy, please wake up baby. I need you. Our kids need you. Your parents need you. Milo and Lily need you. All of the guys need you. Their families need you. Ash and Gabe need you. Everyone needs you" I start.
Izzy, you mean the world to me. If you leave, my world leaves. Every morning I look forward to seeing your beautiful face. Now I won't look forward to any thing in the morning. I love you so so so much. I'm gonna go now so everyone else can talk to you. I love you and I need you to wake up. Love you baby" I say while bawling. I hear sniffling behind me. I look behind me and see the nurse. She wipes her tears. She hugs me. "I will pray for her and your family. I wish you guys the best." She tells me. I nod and let go of Izzy's hand. I kiss her forehead and her lips one last time. 

Izzy's pov

I see a bright light in front of me. I look to my side and see my cousin Mel. He's dead though. Does that mean I'm dead? I can't be dead. Mel opens his arms for me. I run up into them and hug him. "I missed you" He tells me. "i missed you too" I say. "I thought you were dead" I say. "I am." He tells me. "Does that mean I'm dead?" I ask. "Not exactly." he tells me. He explains everything to me. 

"You can either stay with me or go back down to earth" He tells me. "I would love to stay with you, but I need to go back for Hayes, my kids, my family, and friends." I say. "Good choice. I didn't want you here" He tells me. "Why?" I ask. "You're only 19! You're too young to be in heaven" He tells me. I nod. I hug him once more before it all turns black. I open my eyes and and shut them quickly because of the blinding white lights. I open them again slowly. I see all of the guys, their families, Hayes' football team, Ash, Gabe, Ally, Brad,  my parents, and Hayes. All of their eyes are red and puffy. They are all asleep. A nurse walks in. She smiles when she sees me awake. She puts a finger to her lips and wheels me out of the room and into another. "You are so so lucky you survived. I'm glad you did. I hated seeing all of your family with bloodshot puffy eyes. They all cried. Hayes was the worst though. When the doctor told him about what happened, he broke down and fell to his knees." She tells me wiping away a few tears. I wipe away mine as well. "How long have I been out?" I ask. "About 4 days. Your three children are doing amazing." She tells me.I nod. "Thank you for all that you have done" I say. "Don't thank me.  i did it because I wanted you to be able to see your children walk down the aisle and to be here for them. For your daughters' first heartbreaks or whatever it is." She tells me. "Daughters?" I ask. She nods. "You had two boys and a girl" She tells me. I smile. 

-

Hayes' pov

I wake up and see that Izzy's bed isn't in the room. I start crying. She must've died. I start crying harder. 

The nurse rolls Izzy's bed back in. I see Izzy awake. IZZY'S AWAKE?! I jump up an dhug Izzy once her bed is put back. "You're awake" I say crying tears of joy. "Yeah I guess I am" She says. I smile and kiss her. She gladly kisses back. "I've missed those" I tell her when we pull apart. "Me too" She tells me. I smile. "Aww" i hear the nurse coo. I stand up and hug the nurse. "Thank you for saving her." I say. "Don't thank me. I did it for your family" She tells me. I pull away form our embrace and I sit next to Izzy on her bed. She grabs my hand. 

-

I decide I should wake up the guys. I start shaking the guys. Izzy pretended to still be asleep so the surprise wan't spoiled. "Why did you wake us?" Cam asks annoyed. He hasn't gotten much sleep. I had a huge smile on my face. "Why are you smiling? Your wife is in a coma" Nash says. "No I'm not" Izzy says. All of the guys look at her. They all rush to Izzy and hug her. 

-

"Would you like to hold your babies?" The doctor walks in like he did when I first saw my babies.  Izzy nods. He hands Izzy our daughter. I have one of our sons and Her dad has our other son. After she help each of the babies she says "I know what they should be named." "Me too" I say. "Eliza Marie, Noah James, and Oliver Alexander. " Hayes and I say in sync. All the girls squeal while the guys smile. "Would you like me to take a picture?" Emily, the nurse asks. "Please?" I say. I hold Eliza while Ash is sitting on my bed with me. Gabe is standing on one side of the bed with Noah and Hayes on the other side with Oliver. I love our family. We all smile and the nurse snaps our picture.