Ch 65

Izzy's Pov

I've been keeping a secret from Hayes for awhile now.

Almost a year ago, I was assaulted.

I was walking out of the gas station because I got gas.

Flashback

I walk out of the small gas station and shiver as the cold air hits me.

I walk along the side of the building to get to my car.

Before I got to my car, I was pushed against the wall.

A guy in black is up against me. "What is a pretty lady like you doing out here?" He asks in a husky voice.

"Get off me" I say and try to push him off. He doesn't budge. He is too strong.

Instead of getting off me, he touches me in places he shouldn't.

"Now, lets go to my place and have a little fun" he says. "No." I growl.

He starts to drag me to his car while I scream. He slaps me before continuing. "Shut up" he growls.

I swallow the lump in my throat.

We get to his old, filthy car. Before he can push me into his car, he is pushed up against it. I fall to the ground.

"Leave her alone" a guy growls at the creep. "I don't have to" the creep retorts.

The guy grabs the creep by the collar and holds him against the car. Right when he did so, a cop pulls up.

"What is going on here?" The cop asks. "He is trying to hurt me" the creep lies.

"No. He is lying. This guy right here, tried kidnapping that woman behind me. I heard a yell so I ran towards this direction. I saw him dragging her while she is trying to pull away. When he got her to the car, I pushed him up against it and told him to leave her alone. He said that he wouldn't so I grabbed his collar and was about to call the police but you came and here we are now." The guy explains.

"Is this true ma'am!" The cop asks me. I nod. "Did he do anything else to you?" He asks me. I slowly nod.

"H-he touched me and slapped me." I say on the verge of tears. "Where did he touch you?" The cop asks. I shake my head and break down.

"Alright. I'm gonna take him into custody." The cop says.

He takes the creep as the guy that possibly saved my life, helps me. "Will you be alright?" He asks me. I nod. We trade numbers and head our separate ways.

Flashback over

I get a text from caleb. Caleb is the guy that saved me. I've talked to him a lot during the year but have never seen him in person.

"Do you wanna meet up at Starbucks?"

"Yeah." I say.
-
I grab Elizabeth out of the car. I'm watching her while Eliza and Zach rest.

I walk into the building. I look around and see caleb siting a table.

He smiles at me. I return one. 

I order my drink and sit down at the table Caleb is at.

"Hey Izzy" he says. "Hey" I smile.

A guy hands me my drink as I continue my conversation with caleb.

"Is she your daughter?" Caleb asks, motioning toward Elizabeth. "No. She is my granddaughter" I smile. He smiles. He is only two years older  me.
-
I feel someone tap my shoulders. I turn around. I see Hayes. "Hey honey" I smile.

"Oh don't hey honey me" he says. "Are you ok?" I ask him. I stand up. "No izzy. I'm not ok. You had me worried sick" he says. "You didn't tell me where you were going." He adds.

"You were asleep. I didn't want to wake you. I told the kids and I left a note on the refrigerator." I say.  He crosses his arms.

"Can we discuss this at home?" I ask him. "Yeah Isabella we can" he snaps and walks out.

I sigh and sit down.
-
When I get home, I see Hayes on the couch. I take Elizabeth to Eliza.

"Hayes, what is your problem?" I ask him. "You were there with another man" he says. I sigh.

"I've been hiding something from you for the past 10 months" I spill.

I explain that night at the gas station to him.

He apologizes for overreacting. I forgive him.
------

Guys... Sorry if this chapter sucks. I'm using my phone again bc I haven't gotten my charger yet.

I have BIG plans for the epilogue. Don't worry. I'm not ending this story until I get to at least 100 chapters.