Ch 39

So, I forgot to add the proposal. I'm sorry... I'll have the proposal in this chapter and then I'll add the honey moon next chapter. Love you beautiful ppl. <3

----

9 months before the wedding

Ash's pov

I walk inside my house. I just got back from a father daughter day with my dad. "Wes!" I call. No response. "Weird" I tell myself.  I set my purse on the table by the door and walk into the kitchen. I see a note on the counter. "Hey baby. I got a surprise for you. In your bedroom I put a present on your bed. Put that on. Follow the note in the box." I read. Ok? I walk up to my room. I see a box on my bed. I pull off the lid and see beautiful dress. I see a matching pair of vans. I walk into my closet and grab my strapless bra. I don't need to shower, I took one this morning. I put on the dress and slide the vans on. I then read the note that was on top of the dress. "I see you found my gift. I knew you would like it. Don't put on makeup and leave your hair down, natural. When you are ready, drive to starbucks. Tell them your name and go from there. Have fun bae" I laugh. I leave my room and walk down the stairs. I grab my purse and keys. I hop in my car. I turn the radio on. All Back by Chris Brown comes on. I turn it up more. 

I park my car and turn it off. I put my keys in my purse and grab my purse. I get out of the car and sling my purse over my shoulder. I lock my car and continue into starbucks. I see a man at the counter. "Hi, I'm Ashley Grier" I say. "Oh. Here ya go" He smiles. He hands me my favorite drink and a note. I sit down at a table. "Ah, I see you found your next clue. Next drive to our favorite place to go. Hmmm what could that be?" I shake my head. We have a lot of favorite places. The movies? SkyZone? The zoo? I doubt those are it. I wonder wh- The park! 

I walk to the counter. "Um excuse me?" I ask the guy. "Yes?" He asks. "Did the guy by any chance tell you where the place is?" I ask him pointing at the note. "No, sorry ma'am." He smiles apologetically. "It's aalright. Tha-" "Mommy!" I am interrupted by Hope. I turn around and see Hope and mom. I pick Hope up and side hug my mom. "Hey mom. Do you know what Wes meant?" I ask her showing her the note. "Yes. Where do you think he put the next note?" She asks. "The park?" I ask. She smiles. "Thanks momma. Hope, mommy has to go now. Be good for mommy" I say. "Okay mommy. I love you" He says. "I love you more" I smile. She giggles. I hand her to my mom and continue on. 

"Excuse me! Ma'am! You forgot this!!" The guy from the counter says right as I reach  my car. "Oh, thanks" I smile taking my drink. "You don't look old enough to be a mother." He says. "Oh, I'm 18. I had Hope when I was 16." I say. He nods. "So re you married?" He asks. "Nope. My boyfriend has me on this scavenger hunt." I sigh. "Really?" He asks. I nod. "Can we trade numbers? We can become really good friends. I have a girlfriend by the way." He smiles. I smile and nod. I hand him my phone and he hands me his.

"Bye" I say as I get in my car. I drive to the park. When I arrive at the park, I see a note hanging on our tree. I grab it. "Look on the other side of the tree" It reads. I look behind the tree and I see Wes and the fam standing there. I run towards him and hug him. "Uh, Ash, can I ask you a question?" He asks. I nod. "Well, When I firsts saw you, I fell in love.  Not because of your beauty, but because of your personality. I knew that there was something special about you. You are the one I want to marry. The one I want to be the mother of my children. The one I want to sit in a rocking chair next to when we have grandchildren. The one who I want to be my other half. The other half of my love story. So Ash" He pauses. He gets on one knee. "Ashley Elizabeth Grier, will you marry me?" He asks. I nod with tears in my eyes. He slides the ring on my finger and stands up. I hug him. "I love you so much" I say as I cry. "I love you even more" I say. "Nuh uh" He says. I shake my head. 

"Leggo" He says. "Where?" I ask. "To starbucks, duh" He says. "You white girl" I laugh and get in the car with him. 

-

We walk into starcucks hand in hand. He orders for us. "Oh hey" Drew says. "Hey Drew." I say. "You two know eachother?" Wes asks. "He is the one that handed me the drink and the note that you had written for the stupid scavenger hunt." I say. "You didn't like my scavenger hunt?" He asks and starts fake crying. "That doesn't work on me Wesley" I say as I pat his cheek. He laughs. I grab my drink and Wes grabs his. "I hate you" I say and walk towards the table. "Rude much?" He asks. "All the time" I smile a sarcastic smile. He laughs and shakes his head. "I love you" I say. "I know" He says. I scoff. "I'm kidding" He says. "Don't talk to me." I say. I get up like I'm mad. "Ashley" He says. before I get to the door I am picked up and spinned around to face him. He kisses me and I, of course, kiss back. "I love you" He says. "I know" I say and run out of the building. He just laughs.