Ch 37

Hayes' pov

2 years later

"Mr. Grier?" Wes asks me. "Yes Wes?" I ask him. "Uh, can I talk to you?" He asks. I nod and stand up. We walk into the kitchen. "I want you to know that I love your daughter very much." He says. I nod. "She is my life. Without her, I'd be nothing." He says. I think I know where this is going. "I think I know where this is going" I smile. "Can I have your daughter's hand in marriage?" He asks me. I can see that he is nervous for my answer. "Well, I don't know." I say. "Please." He begs. "Nope" I say. He looks down. "Ok." He says and starts walking away. "Wesley" I say before he reaches the room. he turns around. "I was kidding. Of course you can marry her. I wouldn't want anyone else for her." I smile. He smiles and hugs me. "But one thing." I start. "I loved her first." I finish. He smiles and nods.

I wanna cry. My daughter is gonna get married. "Hey, I'm gonna run a few errands." I say. I grab my keys and walk to the car. Izzy follows me out. "You're not running errands. What is up." She asks. She knows me so well. "I'll tell you later, ok?" I ask her. She nods and kisses me. I get in the car and pull out of the drive way. 

I pull into an abandoned parking lot. I park the car and shut it off. The tears come pouring down like a rainy day. I don't want to let Ash go, but I have no other chance. I love her so much. I put my palms to my eyes. I rest my elbows on the steering wheel. I bawl my eyes out. 

 I hear someone knock on the window. I look up. I see a cop. I start the car and roll the window down and turn the car off. "Why are you parked in this parking lot?" He asks. "I'm sorry sir. I-I just needed to get out of the house and I just pulled into here." I say. I wipe my tears. "Why are you crying?" You asks. "My daughter's boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage. I don't want to let my baby go." I cry. He sighs. "I'm sorry sir. Does he love her?" He asks. "Without a doubt. I see the way he looks at her and the way she looks at him. I knew this day was coming." I sob. "All that is changing is her last name." He says. "You're right." I say. He smiles.

-

I pull into a house that I haven't been to in ages. I get out of the car. I walk up to the door. I knock on it three times. "Hayes?" Jc says. "Hey Jc" I say and hug him. He welcomes me in. "What are you doing here? And why does it look like you've been crying?" He asks. "I wanted to see you and the guys and I'll explain in a minute." I smile. He nods. "KIAN, RICKY, SAM, TREVOR, CONNER, GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE. SOMEONE IS HERE TO SEE YOU!" Jc yells. Kian appears first. "What do you want Jc?" He asks. When he sees me, he smiles. He runs up to me and hugs me. "Hayes! How are ya man?" He asks. "Great" I smile. 

Soonthe other guys appear and greet me. "Now, tell us, why were you crying?" Jc asks. "Well, earlier, Ash's boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage." I sigh. "That's great man! Why are you so sad about it?" Ricky asks. "She's my first daughter. She's my world. I don't wanna let her go just yet." I say. They nod. "I have an idea. How about you guys come and visit" I say. "Dude! That's a great idea. Wait. How are the triplets, twins, and Izzy?" Trevor asks.  "Great, and Sammy and Danny are great too." I smile. "Who?" They ask. "Oh, Sammy is my 2 year old, Danny is Ash's 2 year old." I say. "You and Izzy never stop, do ya." Sam jokes. I flip him off. He and the guys laugh. 

We get in our cars, well the guys get in Conner's car and I get in mine. We drive until we arrive at the house. I pull into the driveway, with the guys right behind me. I haven't see the guys in 3 years. I get out of the car and walk up to the door. I open the door and hold my finger up behind my back. (so they wait a minute.) "Hey guys, I've got a surprise for all of you" I say. Everyone looks up. Even Gabe and his wife and two kids are here. "Come in guys" I say. They all walk in."JC! KIAN! CONNER! SAM! TREVOR! RICKY!" Everyone yells. Izzy runs and hugs them all, with the kids following, well except for Gabe's wife and kids, Wes, Sammy, and Danny.