Chapter 30

"Why do you seem so on edge?" Brock gazed over at me as we sat down for a quick coffee.

"Nothing just tired" I smiled.

There was some trouble with the plane and we had to land in Chicago which was where the live events were taking place while waiting for his other one to arrive .

I had taken off from the Chicago tour for a reason as I hated my former hometown.

"Did I make another wrong choice of.... Restaurant?" he raised his eyebrow with a straight face.

I laughed a bit as I shook my head and was about to lean over to give him a kiss but stopped myself.

"No Brock this is nice and.. cosy. I'm honestly just tired and I wanna get home" which was partly true.

"Its just going to be another hour or so" he shrugged as he too seemed impatient but that was just Brock.

I felt extremely sorry for the pilot who had to tell Brock during our dinner on the plane that we had to land immediately and not in my city.

I swear the way he glared at the poor guy I probably would've burst out in tears but I simply continued eating as I had gotten used to his little outbursts.

"You don't have a gym in your ..."

I raised my eyebrow at him, my apartment was small and cosy with my bedroom which had a bathroom. The other room which was twice the size of my bedroom was divided into my lounge and kitchen.

"Sorry I was just hoping...I haven't gotten a good workout in awhile..." he looked over at me.

"I mean besides daily cardio" he winked and I couldn't help but smile at his playfulness.

"Why don't we just head to a gym?" I asked even though I didn't really want to. He looked at me blankly as if he was thinking of something.

"No I hate public gyms and the last thing I need to do is kick some guy's ass!" I nearly choked on my coffee.

"Why on earth would you do that?"

"Because of what you fucking wear to the gym.." he raised an eyebrow at me seriously.

"Are you..." I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket just as I was about to laugh at Brock being unnecessary.

I saw that it was Paige.

"Hi whats...?"

"You need to get your ass to Chicago now!" she screamed into my ear.

"Im already here , our plane I mean..."

I wasn't sure if it was okay to tell her that Brock was with me and the blank look on his face didn't help much with letting me know if it was.

"Get your ass to the hospital right now.." she screamed and I heard loads of noise in the background.

"Paige what the hell is..."

"Seth... he got injured pretty bad in his match earlier tonight. I was going to call you but I had a match and.."

"I'm on my way!" I hung up and stood up causing Brock to do the same.

"Where are you going?" He raised his eyebrow as he whispered.

I slipped my jacket on, "Seth got injured during his match earlier tonight and his at the hospital"

"And whats that got to do with you?" he blurted out and I looked over at him.

"My brother just got injured badly , I need to be there for him don't you think?" I whispered loudly instead of shouting at him as we were in a public place.