Chapter 40

"So when are you going to teach my girlfriend some cheer leading skills?" Kev looked at me as Brock had gone to get some nachos from the bar.

"You were a cheerleader?" I heard Brock as he sat down , he sat sideways in his chair so that he was turned to me.

"Yes how do you think she moves like that in the ring!" Brock smirked and took a sip of his beer.

"It was in high school and college.. I have the family who expects you to be everything expected in society so I was first in all my classes involved in all clubs and I was head cheerleader"

"So you were a hot nerd basically!" Kev smiled and Brock narrowed his eyes at him.

"Sorry"

"Can you stop giving my boyfriend looks would you like it if I let him give you looks!" Paige laughed which caused Brock to chuckle and shake his head.

"Im sorry I'll stop"

I turned to look at him as I was shocked and he just smirked and I was tempted to kiss him but for some reason after our little discussion I realized what he meant about keeping certain things private.

"So Brock what is it that you like so much about my friend?" Paige looked at Brock seriously .

Brock had been tracing circles on my thigh as a country singer hit the stage and it seemed Brock had actually liked some music.

"Why?" Brock asked as he frowned clearly not wanting to share ,not that I was surprised . I was more surprised at Paige questioning him.

"Because I know her brother is too much of a dick to speak to you as I doubt he even knows and well your brawl with Kane proved you guys ain't going to talk soon so that leaves me as her family and I just want to know that you wont hurt her..."

I rolled my eyes, "Paige , seriously don't do this no..."

"I wont hurt her, you don't need to know why I want to be with her to know that I wont hurt her" he shrugged and reached for his beer again leaving my thigh and I narrowed my eyes at Paige.

"Fine! As long as you're being honest" she smiled completely ignoring me looking at her and I could tell Brock was annoyed.

"I am..." he whispered and looked back at the stage.

I stood up and grabbed Paige's arm. "Excuse us!" I smiled and took her over to the bar.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing, look I just don't want you getting hurt, I was all for you getting laid but now you're in a relationship which I am happy about but I just... Summer saying all that shit about the rebound reminded me what I thought of before and what I told you. I just don't want him using you even though you guys are official... I just don't want him to randomly decide his going to leave you if he starts missing his life with that woman."

"I know but just don't lay it down like that he was chilling with you guys which took a lot and then you do that"

"I'm sorry ,not too sound harsh but all I care about is you and if he wants to stay with you he has to deal with it"

"You're sounding more like my mom than my best friend!" I rolled my eyes and walked ahead.

"Please! Your mom wouldn't even bother talking to him" she laughed and I joined in.

As we walked to the table Kev and Brock were discussing types of music. I sat down and gave his thigh a squeeze which caused him to turn his attention to me.