Chapter 96

RAW

"So you haven't spoken to him since then?" I shook my head as Paige had picked me up from the airport so we could head to the arena .

"I'm sorry about it.. He called and asked where you were and I didn't even think of it and told him. I didn't know he even knew about the engagement" Paige rambled on .

"Its my own fault" I shrugged. "I wasn't exactly hiding it I guess"

I didn't exactly want to think about my brother, I had finally mentally dealt with it and convinced myself that what I did was right. I couldn't let people keep disrespecting my relationship with Brock not even my brother.

"You shouldn't have to love, you are happy. Seth will hopefully realize that, he just needs some time to get out of his own ego"

I sighed and nodded.

"And is there a reason why I am picking your ass up and not your Beast?" She glanced my way before making a turn.

"Oh maybe because I missed my best friend?" I turned to look at her and saw her rolling her eyes.

"You know you missed Brock more, I'm not even offended by it" she laughed and I looked out my window.

"His segment is up first so he wouldn't have made it in time."

"You know he'd make them fucking wait.. You didn't tell him you were going to be on tonight did you?"

"And you know that how?" I didn't tell him because I didn't want him picking me up and showing up late.

By his mood last week I could tell things weren't good with him and The Authority and since our alleged engagement ( since we hadn't confirmed it at all) was blasted all over the media I didn't need to give HHH more ammunition to use against my fiance.

"Because I know for a fact he would want to pick you up. His most likely going to be pissed that you didn't take his jet" she smirked and I playfully pushed her arm as I knew she was right.

"Just drive!" She laughed and did as I told her not questioning further.

I hadn't seen Brock since Thursday morning last week and that was quite early as he had to fly out for some meetings and live events.

I decided not to go with him since I hadn't spent much time with little Beast and since I wouldn't be able to bring him on the road as I didn't like the fact that he would be cooped up most of the time , staying on his parents farm was better.

Brock didn't like the idea much but after my brother's visit I think we needed a bit of a break to clear our heads .

His mother had questioned him on his bruised cheek he had at the hands of my brother but he simply said he had injured it during training, which was a lie as he hadn't gone training but I suppose telling your mother that her future daughter -in -law's brother pitched up and did it wasn't good at all.

Since I didn't have a phone we hadn't spoken since...

"Baby..." I felt myself being nudged but instead I turned to hold onto Brock and when I didn't feel him next to me I realized it was his voice.

I turned the other way again and peeked at him.

" I'm leaving now" I sighed and sat up and pushed my hair out of my eyes.

"You can still change your mind and join me.." He whispered as he sat down in front of me.

I shook my head and he sighed.