Chapter 70

“ You didn’t destroy me, my brother was wrong Brock and I know you never would. I fell in love with the jealous man who when he didn't get his way would rather destroy an expensive hotel room or a locker room or even one of the other superstars than hurt me."

I sighed.

"You're nothing like the man I thought I loved , I can't compare you to Eric. Do you smack me because I didn't have dinner prepared when I didn't even know I would be seeing you that day? Do you punch me because its my fault another guy looks at me cause jeans and a T-shirt is classified as dressing like a slut? Do you kick me until it hurts to breathe because the waitress noticed a bruise on my arm and another hidden by my sunglasses?" I could feel the aching of remembering all the things and more that haunted my dreams. "Do..."

I felt myself being pulled into his chest as he held me close to him as I sobbed.

After what felt like forever in his arms and I realized I had calmed down and the flashes were gone.
I heard him speak.

"I won't let him hurt you again EVER" He said slowly as he wiped my face and I smiled as I knew he meant each and every word.

I wished my vision wasn't as blurred so that I could see his face as his voice was a bit off as well.

" I know that I don’t care about those other BOYS as you say..”  I shrugged and he let me go.

He didn't hold the smirk I expected instead he walked over to the porch and sat down with his hands holding his head and I figured he didn't want me seeing the most vulnerable side of the beast.

"Even if they don't have baggage and the world doesn't think they're a arrogant bastard and it's someone you could actually take with to a Thanksgiving lunch without breaking up your family" what he said was barely audible but I heard it.

"Everyone has baggage and that wasn't your fault.."

I walked over to him and he lifted his head from his hands but still looked down.

"I wasn't even there and I ruined the lunch..."

"That's because my family sucks. As far as I am concerned the most important people in my life is YOU...Paige, Kane, Kevin and my brother even though his a pain in the ass most of the time. I will never get sick of dealing with you because I have shit you'll have to deal with and that you have dealt with" I gestured to my cheek even though he couldn't see me.

I was happy that I had stopped crying so that I could focus on him.

Sure, Brock and I had our fair share of fights but this was the first time he had ever gotten like this and knowing him it would be over soon and he would pretend like it never happened and I would have to go along with it .

This side of him would be gone but I didn't want it to be gone without him being at ease.

“I care about you and I hate that you're afraid but I'm afraid as well for the exact same reasons. The only thing that has ever destroyed me in all our months together is the thought of being without you. I just want to be yours and I haven’t been yours for the last month and I know it wasn't your intention but I'm afraid too... afraid that you and Rena will cross paths again and then I wont matter. I wasted a year with a guy who abused me and the only other relationship I had was in high school and he fucking cheated on me with two of the girls on my cheer leading squad and...”

I heard him chuckling and he slowly looked up at me and his eyes were bloodshot but no tears were running down his face, which I was happy for as I don't think I would've been able to laugh along with him at that moment .