Chapter 67

Sam Smith - Make it to me

Christina Perri - Arms

“OH MY GOD YOU’RE AWAKE!”

I felt myself being squeezed tightly and my head immediately hurt due to the screaming.

“I'm so sorry Kenzie..”

I heard the voice again and realized it was Paige as the blur cleared up, I could feel my throat felt like shit.

I pointed to the jug of water as she leaned back and she stood up and went to pour me some into a glass and handed it to me.

“I was so fucking worried, the doctor said you’ll be fine but I don’t trust doctors and..” she didn't stop rambling and I knew it was because she had been worried about me.

“Paige breathe..” I whispered as I slowly drank my water and she shook her head and laughed.

"Sorry I'm just so happy you're awake!"

I sat up a bit and realized she was eating chocolates from a box placed on my legs and I raised my eyebrow.

“Oh courtesy of your boyfriend…. I figured you wouldn’t really be up for chocolate once you woke up and I stress eat so...”

“Paige I don’t have a … Brock…” I whispered , “what happened how did I .. I was with ..”

“I don’t think we should talk about that now” I narrowed my eyes at her. 

“Eric.. we tried to fight him. But everything happened so fast I was shoved to the floor, he punched Kevin and the next thing he was driving off ..”

“I was trying to get the ring around the milk bottle so that I could get the little bull dog doll as it reminded me of Brock’s parents dog Rover. I wasn’t sure why, I just wanted a reminder of him , a connection to him. But I lost and the guy decided to close up and as I turned to head back to you guys he was there . He told me he watched my interview and that Brock wasn’t there anymore like he said he would leave me and I was alone and..”

I shook my head as the unwelcome tears fell.

“I'm so sorry I didn’t know it was him I honestly..”

“Brock… how did he even know? Where is he?”

I looked around the room I was in, the voice I had heard was really Brock and I felt a sense of relief knowing he had saved me . He was there for me when I needed him regardless of what was going on.

Paige sighed.

“He got thrown out” she tried to hide her smile and I stared at her.

“The doctor didn’t want him in here while he tended to your cheek and fixed you up to that shit and he just blew a gasket well not a gasket but the nurses were quite terrified so yeah. So him and Kev spent a night in the hotel together”

"I hope Kevin can deal with him!"

" You'd be surprised Kev likes hanging out with Brock and something tells me Brock feels the same" she smiled and I did believe her a bit .

I couldn’t help but laugh at how scared the poor people must've been, “Its just your cheek that’s a bit messed up but you're fine..from what I heard Brock got there just in time.."

I nodded.“I'm not even sure when he got there.. I just remember hearing his voice before I blacked out.. You didn’t answer me how did he know?”