Chapter 52

I arrived outside some cabin and I was freezing like there was no tomorrow.

I thought my jeans, boots, and jersey would do but I should've warn my coat instead of packing it in my suitcase.

I was glad Steve knew I was coming as Paige's lie was believable I guess.

"Hey darling, come on let me get that off your hands"

He took my suitcase as I followed him in and I realized the cabin was quiet and I think he sensed I noticed as we walked up the stairs.

"The others are out searching for some deer Brock spotted yesterday , they'll be back for dinner in an hour or so."

I nodded, I knew he didn't know about Brock and I, simply because Brock wouldn't tell him or anyone and he wouldn't ask as the thought wouldn't cross his mind either.

"My bedroom is downstairs cause well it's the biggest and I was here first so I could get it" he smiled.

As we got to the second floor there were four rooms down the hallway.

"Brock's is the second biggest as his a stubborn S.O.B and made me keep it for him even though he came in here last."

He pointed to the first door and then pointed to the other two.

"That's where Brad and Robert are staying and well your room is next to Brock's and you have a joint bathroom.."

I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought but followed him in as he set my bag down.

" I told the other guys you'd be coming but Brock got in late last night so I didn't have a chance to let him know but fuck that bastard you're my guest" he winked and pulled me into a hug.

I briefly wondered why Brock had been late but I couldn't very well ask him.

"Thank you so much I know Paige can be a bit persistent"

"I noticed but all of us need a break from that wrestling once in awhile, how long are you staying?"

"Four days, I think I'll fly out Friday night as I have a live show I'm scheduled for on Saturday" he nodded.

"Well get some rest, I'll come call for you later" he smiled.

I decided to rest for a bit and I would then take a shower before dinner later.

It felt nice having the scolding hot water run over my cold skin, unfortunately my room didn't have a heater another privilege Brock and Steve's room had I guess and well the fireplace was downstairs.

I had tied up my hair to prevent it from getting wet as that would just make my freezing worse. I wrapped a towel around myself and entered the room when I realized my underwear bag wasn't there and I remembered Steve had dropped it by the front door earlier.

I stepped out of the room and the cabin was still quiet and I was grateful, I reached the top of the stairs just as Steve appeared from where the lounge was I think.

"Whats up darling?"

I didn't actually mind being in just a towel around him as he had never tried to hit on me since I met him about a month or two ago and he just genuinely seemed to want to be my friend that's all.

" I need that bag"

I smiled and pointed down, I was relieved he had walked by as I wasn't going to risk slipping down the stairs, wooden floor or not.

He shook his head and smiled as he went to get it.

"Let me guess, all your lady stuff is stashed in here?" I laughed and nodded as he walked up.

"My wife would kill me if she found out I was holding some other woman's stuff" he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure Glen would kill you first!" he burst out laughing which caused me to as well.

I actually got why Paige had a crush on him back in the day, he had a good smile and nice eyes.

We were still laughing as he was about to reach me when I heard a loud noise and loud voices which caused Steve to look back and my eyes to dart to the door.

"Stop blocking the fucking..."

Brock shoved them playfully out of the doorway as the two guys stared up and he briefly looked up and then down, but he glanced up again and saw me and his smile faded and he stood there shocked while I had never felt more exposed.

"What the hell is she doing here?"

Brock's eyes left me and fell to Steve's and I immediately regretted flying all the way just to surprise him which sounded much better when Paige said it.

"Hey calm down ! She's my guest !" Steve said calmly .

I could see Brock's anger slowly surfacing and I just wanted to get my bag but Steve was too busy looking at him.

"Here I thought it was my early Xmas gift bro"

My eyes followed the voice and I saw a guy who resembled Liam Hemsworth and couldn't be older than 30 smiling brightly.

Just as Steve turned to me I saw Brock shoot the guy a glare before looking at me again.

"Here you go, don't let Brock terrify you he's just not use to having women on a hunting trip" he chuckled and I focused my eyes on him.

"Seems so" I whispered and turned clutching my towel tightly as I went to my room.

"What the hell is going on between you and Steve?" Brock's loud voice filled my room as I heard the door shut and saw him glaring at me.

"Hello to you too!" I said softly and slipped my sweater over my head accompanying my leggings.

"Kenz answer me..."

"We're having a secret fucking affair since I seem to screw every married guy I see" I shrugged as I moved and placed my bag in the corner.

I turned to face him and saw him leaning against the wall and noticed he had placed his beanie and camouflage jacket on the chair.

"What do you expect me to think when I walk in and the first fucking thing I see is you in a towel laughing with him."

"That he said something funny" I was annoyed with him and couldn't help it.

He was glaring at me, but I ignored it and folded my arms over my chest.

"So basically when he asked you, you dropped everything but yet when I asked it was like the end of the..."

"What? I came here for you .. to surprise you but I guess it wasn't a good one clearly"

"McKenzie, the last thing I expected to find was you when I walked in and..."

"Yeah I kinda got that the way you went off on Steve , that didn't hurt at all. Did you ever really want me here?"

He didn't say anything and looked away, "Oh my word you just fucking brought it up cause you knew I couldn't !"

He still didn't say anything and I realized the entire time he hadn't moved towards me or even raised his voice.

But the others' rooms were right across the hall. But he also wasn't challenging me in anyway, he just stood there.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I walked towards him.

" I feel so fucking stupid right now"

I shook my head and opened the door and slammed it behind me as I made my way downstairs.