Chapter 89

Shontelle - T-shirt

(I like this song's chorus the most as I feel it shows she feels when she wears Brock's merchandise)

I had been sitting at the table filled with empty plates and unlit candles . I hadn't read the letter yet , I don't know why but I decided against it. All I could think about was Brock and the fact that I had hurt him .

I was wearing a Suplex City T-shirt that he never wore as he always wore the ones with the cut off sleeves. My luggage was here but I felt closer to him wearing his merch.

I wished that I could have taken the past few hours back, I had been so hard on him about my parents when his only intention was to make me happy.

He had his parents do everything for us, for me.. and I had thrown everything in his face and most likely made him regret it.

I placed the little black box in front of me and slowly opened it to reveal what was meant to be my engagement ring.

It was breathtaking and I couldn't stop staring at it.

Its what I wanted, I wanted him but I had ruined it. I didn't even know if he would still want me when he got back.

I had been over thinking everything ever since I found out I had accidently called him my husband , but yet when he shouted out that he was going to propose I wasn't shocked as in scared of the thought of it .

I was shocked that he wanted it, Brock wanted to marry me...

I heard the banging of the front door and soon heard his jacket landing on the couch downstairs.

I realized he most likely went into his room , it took everything in me not to go down to him but he needed time and I didn't know where he had gone for the past two hours since he left.

I decided to reheat the meat loaf I believed his mom had made, so that if he came up soon it would still be warm.
I planned on going to bed after reheating it even though it was only 7pm.

As the timer went off I heard heavy footsteps on the staircase and I pretended not to notice as I took it out of the oven and placed it on a rack so it could cool.

"I told my mom it was your favourite that's why she made that"

I heard his low voice fill the kitchen and I turned to find him leaning on the railing on the top step in only a pair of blue boxers and I realized he had showered.

"But its not..." I whispered avoiding his gaze as a brief glance had showed me his eyes held a hint of redness.

He sighed and walked into the kitchen.

"I know its Mac 'n Cheese .. but I hadn't had meat loaf in a while" he shrugged as he stood in front of me.

I had never told him before but I had always ordered it when we were in hotels or on his plane so I guess it was obvious.

He moved away from me and sat down at the table.

"I'm sorry for telling your parents. Even though I was fucking pissed I had no right to break your trust that you had in me to share it all with me. I mean I just told them about him doing it that's all I didn't go into any fucking detail and..."

"Why on earth are you apologizing when.."

"I'm apologizing because I fucking rushed all of it I just love you so... I just shouldn't have fucking proposed..."