Being Diagnosed

Later that day two Healers came to get me. They took me, luckily accompanied by Lucius, to a small little room at hte very end of a long hallway. Like all the other things in the building, almost everything was white. Inside, a man whom I'd never seen before greeted me.

"Good evening, Miss Snape." He said, warmly smiling. l wincced and tightened my grip on Lucius's arm. He would keep me safe. I didn't trust this man. My eyes started to get teary as my chest tightened. "How are you today?"

I looked at Lucius, almost trembling. He nudged me.

"Will you answer him, Eleanor? Please?" He patiently questioned. I shook my head no, making him sign. "She's a little shaken." He answered for me. None of this seemed to phase the man. He just nodded.

"That's alright, she'll talk when she's ready. I'm not going to make her. On, and I'm Healer Green, by the way. Would you like to have a seat?" He guestered to a little brown couch. I looked at Lucius.

"Go on." He encouraged, nodding towaards it. I took a small step forward, but didn't let go of Lucius's arm. We were doing this together. The last thing I wanted was t ofeel more alone than I already did. I have his arm a tug. "Do you want me to sit with you?" I nodded. "May I?" He asked green. The Healer smiled.

"Of course. Have a seat, Mr. Malfoy." He replied. Lucius wlaked me to the couch. We sat at the same time. We were so close out theighs touched. I grabbed onto his robes. He pulled my hand off and held it instead. Green picked up a cream colored folder that had been beside him and leafed through it.

"According to this, you've been admitted in Mungo's before; a few years ago? For Scrofungulus?" He read a fwe more things, waiting for me to answer. I looked away, putting my face into Lucius's shoulder, starting to cry. The anxiety I was feeling was too overwhelming. Lucius cleraed his throat.

"Yes, she has. I remember visiting her."

"Yes. We've also found her school records. I've had to wait a week or so to get them because medical help from teh battle had to be documented and added."

I winced; the Battle. I din't want to think about it. All I wanted was to pretend it never happened. But that would never happen. Even if people didn't tlak aobut it, it would still be enbedded in my mind. On May 2, 1998, I lost everything. It was the day I was suppose to die. The day my victim begged for mercy. The day I watched my best friend die. The day the love of my life burned. .. I let out a choked sob.

"You saw Madam Pomgrey a few times, just for bumps and bruises, except for the last couple visits, which reported cronic nocturnal enuresis and the other a check up, which came out normal. Are you still wetting?" I shifted my head just enough to see him. Lucius let go of my hand to pet my hair a couple times.

"Answer him, Elle." He quietly said. I hid my face again. It was none of his business. Although my night pants would have been nice, since every time I had waken up since being here I had found myself in a freezing cold, wet bed, I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to tell him anything. I didn't want to be here.

After a few minutes Lucius relised I wasn't going to reply and did so for me.

"Back in March she stayed at the Manor and her uncle told me she was. The other Healers that had been caring for her said she had been, but they were unsure if it was because she was actually wetting or if she just didn't feel like getting up. With the history, I would say it's just accidents." He looked over a me. I could feel my face glowing bright red. "Yes?"

"Y-yes..." I said quietly enough for only him to hear.

"I agree. We will take care of that tonight, though. I'm just trying to get everything wrapped around in my mind. Now, is there anything that I didn't mention that I need to know? Any anger problems? Anxiety problems?"