Talks of the Wedding

I woke up the next morning with vauge memory of what had happened. A moment or two later, it all came back to me, and a sense of anxiety filled my chest. I opened my eyes and looked around, finding Narcissa beside me with no Lucius. Something told me he didn't sleep with us last night.

"Goodmorning, dear. Did you sleep well?" Narcissa asked, brushing some ahir out of my face.

"You know my Combinations puts me under." I answered. The question was silly. She knew that. Perhaps it was just out of curitsy instead of real curiosity. 

"I know, that was silly of me to ask, wasn't it..." She trialed off, and stayed quiet for a couple seconds. When she saw I wasn't going to say anything else, she sighed. "Eleanor, I was told Draco proposed to you. May I see the ring?"  Her tond was calm. I nodded and held my hand out to her. She took it and looked at the ring, gently smileing. "It's beautiful. He picked a very pretty one, didn't he?"

"Yeah..." I took my hand from her and studied the ring closer. I didn't have a chance to do that the night before.

"You know a wedding will be a lot of work? We have to plan it, you know? Find a dress. Do everything you did for your and Vincent's again." She quietly explained. 

I let that sink in, suddenly recalling the stress that had come with the wedding. The thing that drove me to use stems and abuse Ephoria Elixer. The worst part about this was, since I was always in St. Mungo's, I could easily get ahold of the Elixer if I felt the urge to use it again. That could be very bad... 

And I would have to find a dress again. And a guest list, again. And everything else, again. Stress, again. Anxiety, again. Troubles, again...

"Shh... Eleanor, I didn't mean to make you cry..." Narcissa reached over and pulled me into a hug. I hadn't realised I had began crying. I let her cuddle me until I calmed down, and then pulled away, reaching for Melvin. I hugged the Dragon instead of her. "I'm sorry, Elle. There is no need to cry. Do you really want to go through with this wedding? Marridge is a big thing, and you shouldn't waste it just because it was offered to you." 

I thought about what Draco had said last night: If he didn't propose, no one would. No one would marry me. No one would want to marry a crazy person. 

"Yes... I want to marry Draco..." I sniffed. She smiled.

"Do you love Draco?" She questioned. My breath caught in my throat. I had to tell her I did. I told Healer Phillips I need, I needed to do the same to Narcissa. After all, I trusted her more than I trusted him. 

"Yes." I replied. Her lips parted, as she took in a small bit of air, then they closed back. She looked off towards the door for a moment, then back at me.

"Okay. If you really love him, and you want to get married, I will help you plan the wedding. If you want, I will plan all of it, so you won't have to worry about it. All you'll have to do is try on dresses. How does that sound?"

"I will still get a weddding, but I won't have to plan any of it?" I questioned. When Vincent and I were getting married, Uncle Severus didn't give me that option. It was I planned everything, or there would be no wedding. Although Vincent has promised me he would help, he was always working so he couldn't. 

"Yes. I will plan it all for the two or you. I just want you to be happy." She leaned over and kisssed my forhead. I leaned into her, and hse put her arms around me. "I want both of you to be happy." She added, and then kissed me again.

...................................................................

"I'm the best man, right? I'm definally the best man! I have to be!" Gregory exclaimed. The first thing Draco and I did that day, besides eating breakfast, was going to Gregory's to tell him the good news. She seemed very excited, especially since he got angry when Vicnent and I waited to tell him. Draco and I telling him as soon as it happened. "I can't belive my two best friends are getting married... again!" I threw his arms around us. "When is the wedding?!"