Panic and Pain

I awoke from my nap with a jerk. The pain I had been feeling the last five monthes was stabbing in my lower stomach. It was the worse it had ever been; so bad that it brought tears to my eyes. I could feel dampened sheets below me. Great: I thought that problem was behind me. I had to get up and change.

I bit my lip, trying ot ignore the agonizing pain and pulled the blankets off of me.

I screamed.

Blood was pooled below me, soaking into the sheets, along wit ha clear liquid that I didn't reconise. 

No. 

This wasn't right...

I needed help.

I shifted and threw my legs over the bedside. I stood up, adn the pain flared up, even worse than before. I doubled over, unable to move.

"N-Narcissa!" I screamed. Panic strained at my voice. "Narcissa! Please! Help!" Please!" I began to sob. "Nar... Narcissa.." I fell to the ground as my legs gave out. I could feel my wet pants clinging to my skin.

I covered my face and groaned. What if she hadn't heard me? What if she had? What was taking her so long? 

It hurt so bad. It felt like someone was hitting me with Cruciatus Curse; almost worse than that. 

"Narcissa, please..." I tried again.

"Elle?" The door flew open, and Narcissa appeared, answering my prayers. She stopped dead in her tracks as she looked from teh bed to me. "Oh, my..." She trailed off, then covered her mouth. This only made me cry harder.

After a second or two her senses snapped back into place. She hurried towards me.

"Narcissa, what's happening? What's going on?!" I cried, grabbing at her arm. 

"Shh... just calm down. Try to breath for me, okay? Gumby!" 

"Yes, Female Master?" The Elf popped in. He eyed me in alarm, but didn't say anything about the situation.

"Floo St. Mungo's, and tell them that Eleanor Malfoy needs a Healer now. Tell them it's an emergency." 

"Yes, Female Master." Gumby bowed and Disapparated.

"Naricssa, what's happening to me?" I screamed, then took in a sharp breath as another thought came to mind. "The baby! Am I going to lose the baby! Will the baby be okay? Please tell me I'm not going to lose it!" 

"I... I don't know, Elle." She let out a defeated breath. "I do't know.. Just... try to calm down." I could see tears in her eyes as she sat down beside me nad pulled me into her. 

Another wave of ain hit me, making me scream. She tightened her grip.

"It hurts... Make it stop! Please!... Narcissa!"

Pain, pain, go away...

My head sang. I covred my ears and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Please!"

"I can't, Elle. I do't know what to do! I don't know what's wrong! But Healers are coming. They'll help you. They will figure out that is wrong and fix it."

"Melvin!" I suddenly called out, making her jump. "I want Melvin!" Well, I didn't really want Melvin. I wanted Scabior but I knew I couldn't have him, so I would have to settle for the dragon: after all, tha'ts what he was given to me for: Comfort in his absence.

"You'll get blood on him." Narcissa insisted.

"I don't care! Give him to me now! Please!" 

"Okay..." She gave in, waving her wand and making the Dragon float down from my bed and into my arms. I squeezed him, trying to transfer my pain out of me and into him. IT didn't work very well. "It's okay..." She kept saying over and over. I frantically shook my head no.

"No! No! No! It hurts!"

"Shh.. calm down...."

Whooooooosh

The fire in the fireplace swoshed, and a man in a white St. Mungo's robe came through it. He was followed by another. The Healer Kasigawa appeared, right before Healer Fuchs. The first man saw the scene and came over to us. He stopped and squated beside Narcissa. 

"When did she start bleeding out?"

"I don't know." Narcissa replied. "She started screaming for me about fifteen minutes ago."

"When did htis start?" The man turned to ask me.

"I don't know! I woke up... and it hurt and I... I was bleeding, and-" It hurt so bad I could barley finish my sentenses. Spots were starting to form infront of my eyes.

"Okay, how far are you?" He got closer to me, because I couldn't concentrate enough to look at him. It was getting hard to breath.

"She's just hitting five monthes." Healer Kassigawa answered for me. The rest of the Healers came over to look.

"Can she stand up?" the other male Healer asked.

"I don't know." Narcissa said again.

"No!... IT hurts... too much..." I cried out.

"I don't think we can get her to the hospital." The other man said. "Is there a bathroom near by?" 

"Yes, over there." Narcissa pointed to the bathroom that was connected to mine and Draco's room. They all looked over, then the first Healer looked back at me.

"Carry her there. We need to hurry. Some one grab my bag." 

I felt someone pick me up, but I was too disoriented to tell who. The world was spinning. 

I was back in my old house. It was sixth year. I was looking for my father. I hit a support beam. The house began to fall. I hit my head. The world spun...

The world was spinning.

I thought it was my father.

"Put her down. Get her pants off, now!"

But it wasn't. It was Uncle Severus.

"Uncle Severus..." I mumbled.

"Shhh... No, Elle." Narcissa brushed some hair off of my forhead. 

I wasn't in sixth year. I had just been having a flash back. Probably from a mix of not have taken my Combinations, panic, and pain. 

"We need to work fast!" The first Healer's voice swam around my head. 

"Uncle Severus..." I said again, for no particular reason. "Sever.... Is Severus okay? Is the baby okay? Will it be okay?!" I thought I was yelling, but in reality I was only mumbling. 

I wrote Severus Scabior in the journal, then circled it once Draco had left.

"You're going to have to calm down, Mrs. Malfoy." Healer Kasigawa appaered on my right side, and took my hand. 

"She needs to push, now." The Second Healer said, while looking between my legs. 

"What?!" I cried out. 

"Push, Mrs. Malfoy." Healer Kasigawa sturnly said. 

"But... I can't be having my baby... I.... I'm only five mo-...."

"You have to push now." The first Healer said.

So, in a dizzying ocean, I began to push. It was an odd sensation, and one that made the pain worse. 

I let out an ear piercing scream, then another, than another.

I pushed and pushed and screamed and screamed.

I didn't know if it was doing any good, or if it was helping anything. Everything in my vision was doubled, or even trippled, that is, when ever I could see through the tears. 

I was so dizzy, so diorented, but I kept doing what I was told just because I didn't know what else to do. 

Pushinging and Screaming. Pushing and Screaming. It repeated over and over, until, finally, everything went black.