Sleep Troubles

"How did you sleep last night?" Healer Phillips was already in my room when I woke up. Draco was still there, sitting on a cot that must have been brought in after I had fallen asleep. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"I don't know." I yawned. "I don't remember waking up or any nightmares of anything. Why?"

"Are you sure?"

"Um..." I looked at Draco in half ocnfusion, half concern. It was odd for Healer Phillips to ask me questions like that. I hated questions; they gave me terrible anxiety, and he knew that. So this had to be important for him to be asking them first thing in the morning.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Malfoy." Healer Phillips must have realised he was making me upset. "IT was just something I need ot check up on."

"But why?" It was so strange for him to be doing this.

"Mrs. Malfoy, I will tell you, but you have to keep yourself calm, or atlraest try to. But I'm going to give you your new Comvination first." He picked up the vial off of the bedside table and pulled out the cork before handing it to me. I looked down at it for a moment, then drank it. I would have to wait and see waht new side effects it will would have on me. Again, my Healer seemedot know what I was thinking, because he took the empty vial and said,

"I can adjust your new Comvination as needed, just tell me what is wrong if you began to show side effets."

"Will you tell me why you're here now?"

"Okay, but remmeber; don't freak out. Draco said that you had a night terror last night."

"I already told you, I don't remember having any nightmares."

"No, not a nightmare. A night terror." He corrected.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, then turned to Draco. "What is he talking about?"

"Would you like to tell her, Mr. Malfoy?" 

"I don't understand..." The confusion was making me start to cry. Draco got up from the cot and sat beside me on the bed, taking my hand. I stiffened, but didn't pull away. He was makeing an obvious attempt to try and make me feel better,s oI wasn't going to make him seel bad about it. 

"Last night, you woke me up because you were screaming. You were sitting up in the bed, and your eyes were open, but when I tried to talk to you, you ignored me. So, I shook you, and you punched me. I got Healer Fuchs, and she said you were having a night terror and got Healer Phillips."

"I don't remember that... I-I punched you?" I covered my face, upset. I couldn't even remember hurting him, but I did. He said I did, and he wouldn't lie about it. 

"It's okay, Elle. It didn't really hurt..." Draco akwardly put his arms around me. I pressed my face into his shoulder, sniffing and coughing. 

"No, it's not okay! It's not! I hurt you and I don't remember any of this! Why don't I remember! Why can't I-"

"Mrs. Malfoy!" Healer Phillips got my attention. I moved my head just far enough to peek and him and stopped yelling. "It's okay. You weren't awake, and you didn't do it conciously. You were dreaming, was all."

"But my eyes were open! I just don't remember..." 

"No, when you have a night terror, you're having a nightmare, and you're reacting, but you aren't aware of it. You are basically still asleep. It's kind of like sleep walking." 

"But what did I do when I stopped? What happened?" 

"Well, I got there, and you screamed for a few more minutes, then you just laid down and went back to sleep. That's all. It's nothing to be too upset about."