Kind of Home

The rest of the week went by and I had my ups and owns. Sometimes I was really happy. Other times I was really sad. Most of the time, I was just a dreary nuteral. The cake Sarah Beth made was slowly eaten, but not by me. Gillderoy throughly enjoyed it. He came ot see me every day and was upset ever time when he was reminded that I was leaving at the end of the week.

When the end of the week came, I had to go through my normal schedule, until after dinner when I would usually have Group Sessioin. Instead, Healelr Green switched it with a One-on-One session with Gilderoy. We talked and joked (not to mention take pictures) while Lucius, Narcissa, and Healer Green sat at the desk and filled out paperwork.

When they finishe,d Lucius stood up and looked at me. I caught his eyes, and all the sound in the room was sucked out. I slowly stood up. Gilderoy stayed seated, but grabbed hold of my hand. I took in a sharp breath. The paper work was finished. It was official: I was going home.

A tear came to my eyes as I smiled: Actually, genueinlly smiled. My hand slipped from Gildy's and as I suddenly sprinted across the room I threw my arms around Lucius. I pressed my face into his chest and cried, feeling overwhelmed with happinesss. He stroked my hair a couple times.

"I'm very proud of you." He wispered, then kissed the top of my head.

"I'm going home?"

"You're going home." Narcissa confirmed.

"I'm going to give these to the main office." Healer Green nodded, showing us the folder full of paper work. "Take your time packing up. I will be back momentarily."

"Are you going to say bye to Gilderoy?" Narcissa sweetly asked. I let go of Lucius and nodded my head yes before wlaking up to Gildy.

"Bye.." I mumbled, looking down at the ground. I could feel my rears starting to strenthen. 

"Good bye..." He said back. his usual pep gone. I forced myself to look up at hi.

"I-I'm still have Group Session and One-On-One..." I reminded, trying ot make thesituaiton feel better than it really was.

"I know, but..." He trailed off.

"It won't be the same." I finished for him.

He wiped his eye and pulled me into a hug. Usually, I would stiffen and pull away, but this time I let him. I was expirencing what was many teen aged girls and middle aged woman's dream: I was being embraced by Gilderoy Lockhart. But unlike those woman, I wasn't feeling lust. I was feeling love. Not romantic love, but a brotherly love. Gildy was the first friend I meet her and the only one I had kept. It hurt ot just leave him here, although I would be back every day, but only for an hour. 

"Things won't be the same wiht out you, Elle." He started, his arms still around me. "You should send me some pictures of everywhere you go out there. I'd love to see the world again."

That was it. He broke my heart, then and there. He was such a good person: it wans't fair that he had to be locked up here. Unlike me, he wasn't even violent or drespressed, just forgetful. He wans't a threat to anyone. It just wasn't fair. 

"I... I will..." I cried, barley able to get it out. Across the room, Lucius cleared his throat. 

"You can still Floo." He reminded, closing the last suit case.

"Yeah..." I smiled a small bit, realising he was right.

"And write." Narcissa put in. I swollowed and finally pulled away from Gilderoy. 

"Why are you crying? You should be happy. You're going home." He asked. I shakily wiped my eyes.

"I am happy. That's why I'm crying."