Options

"I told you to use the spell, Draco!" Lucius exclaimed. He was pacing back and forth infront of us. Draco was laying on his bed, holding an icepack on his head where he had hit the floor. I was sitting on the edge of the bed with my feet handing over the edge, and my had hung down, silently crying.

"I did, when I remembered." Draco snarled back. His head was still hurting, so he didn't want to deal with his father's ranting.  "But it's not really romantic in the heat of the moment to go 'oh, hold on. Let me take care of this before we continue!'"

"This isn't a joke, Draco! Eleanor is pregnant with a baby! A human being! She can hardly take care of herfelf, much less a child."

I let out a so, and he stopped and looked at me.

This was hurting me so much. The baby should have made people happy, not angry. Five hours ago, I didn't even want a baby, but now that the thought had set in, I was more than excited. I was happy. I was going to have my bery own baby. A manerly child that hopefully looked like their father. A child that would want for nothing and grow up in a home filled with love. A home with a father and mother, as well as grandparents. A childhood I never had.

But now the picture was shattered. Lucius didn't want us to have a child. It would be a cruel thing to bring an unwanted child into the world. If anyone would know, it would be me.

"Eleanor, you are in no condition carry a baby." He tried to soften his voice, but the tone was still cold and hard.

"But I am." I sniffered.

"Eleanor-"

"We want it, Dad. It's our choice, not yours." Draco defended. My heart leaped.

"I know how to make responsible desicions, Draco, and you rushed into marrige, and that wasn't so bad. But now you've added a baby to it. You can't mess that up! You can't get mad at it and decide you don't want to talk to it for a week. You can't get angry and hit it." He stopped and looked at us. This started up another round of sobs.

"Come here, Elle." Draco becond for me, sitting his back up against the headboard.

I crawled over to him and he took me in his arms. I pressed my face into him and cried. 

"The baby is already there. There is nothing we can do about it."

"You can put it up for adoption." Lucius suggested. "Aborting it would be inhuman, I don't want you to do that, but giving it away is reasonible."

"She will do no such thing." Narcissa said from the doorway. We all looked to her. I had no diea how long she had been there, but apparently long enough ot hear what her husband had said.

She came into the room with us, and I could see her eyes were puffy and rimmer red from crying. when I had told Lucius and her, she had dasped, then started to cry and left the room. Now she was here.

"If she carries the baby for nine monthes, she is not going to want to give it up, and I don't want her to, either."

"Narcissa, she is unable to take care of it. She can't." Lucius argued.

"Maybe alone she couldn't, but with Draco, and you and I. Not to mention the Healers. I think she could do it."

"Narc-"

"I'be heard enough, LUcius. She's keeping it. You can't give anyone your grandchild!" She snapped. He took a step back, usrprised. Then, turneda round and stormed out of the room. Narcissa moved beside me where I was still crying into Draco.

"Eleanor, I'm sorry he yelled at you." She softly said, touching my shoulder. I slapped it off, and she didn't try to put it back. "I'm so sorry..."