Talks of Father

"So you saw your father die?" Healer Phillips questioned. I clutched onto Melvin, trying to hold back tears. Lucius hadn't come in with me today, saying that I needed to branch back while handing me the Dragon.  

"I..." I trailed off. 

I hated thinking about that day. I guess it coud be considered a good day, since it got me out of the endless running, and put me with Uncle Severus, but he was still my father. As crazy- there was that term again, crazy- as it sounded, I stil loved him I mean, I had to. He was the only person I knew growing up, and, although he was only keeping me alive because of a promise, he still kept me alive. 

"Are you okay, Miss Snape?" Healer Phillips asked. I looked up at him with wet eyes. "Would you like to talk about something else?"

"I... Yes, I saw him die...." I covered my face at the memory. His charred body. The killing curse he tried to fire at me with his dying breath...

"Can you tell me what killed your father?" 

"No!" I imediatly said. I couldn't te anyone about the curse. My father and I were the only ones who knew about it, and he was the only person who had ever casted it. He told me- threatened me- that I couldn't tell anyone about the curse, so I never did. Even know, after it killed him.

No one could no the curse becaues it was too dangerous. It was unpredicituble, not to mention deadly. Powerful. Who ever had the curse had the key to mass destruction, if they so wanted to use it that way. 

"Will you please tell me?" He asked again. I gripped Melvin so had that my knuckles were turning white.

"No! No! No! No! No!" I screamed. He put a hand up in defense. 

"Okay, I am sorry, Miss Snape. You do not have to tell me if you do not want to. Would you like to talk about something else?" 

 I was really quiet for a moment, before lowering Melvin and nodding my head. 

"Yeah..." I mumbled, and wiped away some tears. My heart beat started to slow. 

"Calm down. Would you like a cup of water?"

"Uh-huh..." He waved his wand and a cup came flying to him from one of the cabinates, like always. He handed the empty cup to me.

"Would you like to fill it up yourself?" He asked. Usually he filled it up with his wand. I looked at the cup for a moment, letting this sink in, then nodded my head.

"Yeah..." I finally said, then took my wand out of my pocket. I carefully held it over the cup. Although I had my wand back, I didn't usualy use it. I guess I had gone so long with out magic I could go without it and not notice. " Aguamenti..." I wispered, and cool, clear water slowly came out of the tip of my wand. I stopped the flow when the cup was filled a little more than half way. I lowered my hand and took a sip.

"Very good. Is there anything you would like to talk about?" He ask. I shook my head no. "Nothing? Nothing at all? What about your friends at Group Sessions?" He knowingly raised an eyebrow. I sat up a little straighter, suddenly feeling tense. 

I coudn't tell him that our Group was now divided because some of us will talk to him and others will not. I mean, if I had it my way, I wouldn't be talking to him, but I got to stay home, and I got a treat after every Session, so why not? 

"No..." I lied, although it was obvious. He shifted. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes..."

"Well then." He looked down at his watch. "You have five minutes left. Surely there is something we can talk about." He thought for a moment. "What did you have for breakfast? Did you eat like you should be eating?"

"I, um... I had a piece of toast... and an orange... and... half of an egg." I listed. He half smiled.

"Great! But how come you only ate half of the egg, although that is more than usual?"

"I wasn't hungry enough to eat all of it."

"But you ate all of everything else, right?"

"Uh-huh."

"That's wonderful. We need to weigh you to see if you've gained any of your weight back, but we can do that later...." We fell into a silence again. "I had biscuts and gravy for breakfast." He said. I sneered. 

"What?!"

"Oh, wait. I'm sorry. I forget here a biscuit is a cookie. You see, in America, we have bread called biscuits. They are kind of like rolls, but harder. Like a plain scone. Anyway, you can eat it with gravy, or with meat, or put jam on it. Realy you can eat it however you like." 

I blankly stared at him: Americans were wierd.

Just then, a little Ding! sounded, signaling the end of the Session. I stood up, and as did Healer Phillips. He went behind his desk and pulled out an orange and handed it to me before going to the door and opeining it. 

"Thank you for coming, Miss Snape. We accomplished a lot today. Don't forget that we are are weighing you tommorrow. We can do that before Group Session. Can you come to my office tommorrow?"

"Yeah..." I trialed off, then walked to Lucius. He wrapped his arms around me, and I let him, pressing my face into his chest. 

"How was she today?" He asked Healer Phillips. The Healer nodded.

"She was very well behaved. She needs to come a little early tommorow so we can get her weight. Otherwise, she can go home now."

"Thank you." Lucius smiled and looked down at me. 

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Lucius replied, before Disapparating.

............................................................

I was in my house; my house that had burned down. Everything was back to normal and in good shape. The piano was still together. It was dark outside, making it dark inside. 

I pulled my wand out of my pocket and used it to illuminate the walls. 

I heard a curse from another room: My father. 

I slowly creeped towards what was claimed as his room, using my hand to cup around the light. 

I didn't think anything about he should be dead. I didn't think about the house shouldn't have been there. All I concentrated on was getting to the room.

I peakedi into the doorway. 

My father was there, looking just like he had before he died. He was waving his wand around. 

"Lux Tenebris..." He clearly said, and it started to form. The intense flames began to flow from his wand, and form into what I knew would kill him.

Something flared inside of me, and I ran into the room.

"Father, no!" I screamed, and pushed him out of the room, into the hallway that connected into it.

The form bounced around the walls and finally, with one finale bound, hit me.

I felt the flame engulf my body: The pain and heat was too much to bear. I called out, not knowing what else to do.

"Father!" I cried. "Father! Father!"

"Elle!' 

Everything suddenly went dark and I was being shaken. Because of the Night Combinaiton, I was extremely groggy and barley able to get my eyes open. Through the crack I could see that it was Draco. After Therapy I had fallen asleep in his room while talking to him, and, despite being waken up long enough to take my Combination and put on my night pants, I had been there since.

"Elle, are you okay?" He asked. I felt a tear slid down my cheek.

"Father..." I mumbled. The Combination was pulling me back into sleep.

"Shh..." He said, pulling me into a hug. I let him, melting into his warm form. "It's okay." He said. "I'm here, and it wasn't real. What ever it was." He explained. I let out a 

"Hmmmm..." Which was, because of the potion, all I could get out at the moment.