I Can't Remember

I was pretty happy after that. I overheard Lucius tell Narcissa at lunch that he thinks I had been 'pulled into a manic episode", which could be a good thing. He said that it was a better thing for me to be extremely happy instead of depressed. I didn't say anything, but instead just ate a half of my peanutbutter sandwich that Narcissa was trilled that I requested, since I didn't want to eat: but now that I had the keys it didn't matter. I didn't care that I was eating. I didn't care that it was Christmas. I had the kays; I could go back to Spinner's End.

"Will you play piano for us today, Elle?" Narcissa asked, smoothing my hair down. Both of them had finished their lunch and were waiting for me. I took another bit and shrugged.

"Some Christmas Carols would be nice." Lucius admitted. I shrugged again.

"Can I floo Gilderoy?" I asked, completly changing the subject.

"Yes, you may Floo Gilderoy a little later. I'm sure he would lvoe to hear from you." Luicus grinned. "Do you feel better?"

"Yeah." I started on te other half of my sandwich. "Can Draco and I go outside?" I asked. Draco immediatly looked up at me, surprised. I had volenteered him to go with me.

"Hold on, you may feel better, but you are still ill. You are still running a fever."

"Okay..." I trailed off. Orion wimpered, begging for my sandwich under the table. I ignored him. "When is Gregory coming?"

"Soon." Narcissa replied. "Actually, he will probably be hwere when you wake up from your nap."

"Oh. Okay." I took the last bite of my sandwichh. Orion slowly made his way from under the table,sad that he hadn't gotten any of my food.

"Very good, Elle!" Lucius preaised. "Now, willl you play us some Christmas Carols on the piano?" They both hopefully looked at me. I glanced at Draco, who looked indifferent. The Blood-Traitor was off some wehre caring for the stupid baby, so she wouldn't be there...

"OKay." I stood up. Since I got them nothing for crhsitmas, this could be there present from me. "Lets go." I started towards the doorway leading to the parlor. Narcissa gently chuckled and followed me. As did Lucius and Draco. I marching into the parlor and st down on the bench of the Grand Piano. They fileld in around me.

"Do you need a music book?" Narcissa asked me, starting to pull a thick looking volume of Carols off ofth shelf. instead of answering , I just began playing.

I kept my eyes closed as my fingers slid across the keys. An elaborate version of "Angels We Have Heard on High" viberated from the heavey strings inside. My fingers fell over flats and sharps and naturals as my foot worked the damper pettle in a way it hadn't in a long time. I added cresindos and descresindos, adding to the dinamics of the song. I kept my eyes closed the whole time, taking the sound in.

I finished on a light hearted cord and opened my eyes. I could now see that Narcissa and Lucius loked amazed. They had never seen me play the way I just had. Lucius had had a sample, but not hte real thing. Draco, on the other hand, wasn't really intregued because he was used to it. 

"That was beautiful, Eleanor." Narcissa pushed herself to say. "Did you make that all up?"

"Well, no..." I nervously pulled on my hair, looking down. "It was 'Angels We Have Heard on High' , but-"

"I know that, but the arrangment. Did you make it up?"

"Um...yeah..."

"Right there?"

"Yeah..."

"That was amazing." Lucius complimented. "How in th world did you make all of that up?"