Late Night Ideas

"Are you joking?!" I covered my mouth. Tears were coming to my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Elle. I really am..." Sarah Beth wouldn't look me in the eyes. "I tried to hard."

"It's not fair." I wispered. "It's not fair... I'm just trying to do something good... I... I don't..." I covered my face as I began to sob. I could see tears in her eyes as well, but there was no way they wer spilling over. I had never seen SArah Beth cry, and I had a feeling I never would.

"I'm so, so sorry, Ellie. I tried to hard. I really did. this was a curve ball. I was focusing on slander of name. Harry Potter spoke and we still lost."

"What am I going to do?" I asked as Draco pulled me into a hug. I pushed him away. "My Uncle..."

"Do I need ot get Healer Fuchs?" Draco asked. I ignored him. I coudl tell he was worried about me having a fit. 

"The only thin you can do is write something yourself. " Sarah Beth explained.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you have to write something else to cancel out what she has written."

"You want me to write a book?"

"Yes."

'But, I can't write a book...."

"Yes you can. Ellie, you can do what ever you want t odo if you put your mind to it."

"I can't write a book. How do I write a book?"

"Your best friend is a world famous book writer." Draco pointed out.

"But that's different. " I started, but was interupted by Sarah Beth.

"A book writer? Who?"

"Gilderoy Lockhart." Draco replied. "He lives across the hall. Him and Elle are bet friends. I'm sure he will help her."

"Gilderoy... Lockhart?" Sarah Beth's eyes widened. "AS in, the Gilderoy Lockhart? The one who wrote my favourite books?  Or hte one who was out teacher? That Gilderoy Lockhart?!"

"Yeah?" I wiped at my eyes. I was begining to calm down.

"Oh my gooooodneeess! The Gilderoy Lockhart is here! Ahh!" She squealed. I flinched and put my face into DRaco. He wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay. She's just getting excited." Draco tried to assure. Sarah Beth saw this and immediatly quieted. 

"I'm sorry, Elle. I"m  just star-struckk is all... The Gilderoy Lockhart..."  She added again. I contiuned to cower in DRaco's arms.

"Yes. He's here. .WE know that. i'ts over. You're making Elle upset."

"I'm sorry! I'll be quiet!" Sarah Beth covered her mouth, but her eyes were still sparkling with excitement. Never thee less, she stayed silent for a couple minutes, giving me time to think.

Could I write my own book? Could I bring myself ot resurface my memories and put htem uup ther for the world to see? For the sake of Uncle Severus, I would have to. WHo would the public listen to? Rita Skeeter, or me; Severus Snape's niece?

"Even if I did write a book, then how would we know that people would read it? Theres' already a book about my Uncle. People aren't goig to read another one.."

"You'll have to make it different. Give it some pazazz."

"How?"

"Make it about you instead." She suggested. "Show how great of a man he was through you. Telll them what he meant to you and why>"

"I... Just don't know." I finally wiggled my way out of Draco's arms. Now that I was no longer upset, his arms felt overbearing.

"You can, Ellie. I know you can." She stood up. "I have to go now.." She took my hand in her's. I wanted to pull away, but I forced msyelf to keep in there." I tried and I failed. YOu need to try; and I know you will succeed. Feel better. I will talk to you later." She squeezed my hand and turned t og oout the door.

........................................................

I thought about the idea of writing a book. I thought about it after Draco went home and Narcissa came in his place. She noticed I was quiet and questioned me about it. I told her I was just thinking, and hse left it at that. 

I got ready for bed as usual, putting on my pajamas and night pants, and stuff. Taking my Comvination. Eventually, I fell asleep, like I always did, in a deep blumber, and i thought about what I was going to do until that happened.

....................................................

I was on a stage, in a Hogwarts uniform. Everything was silent, but I knew I was singing. I didn't know how I knew it, but i was. A man came out in a long, black robe, with greasy black hair. He was suppose to be my uncle. Again, I didn't know how I knew. I just did.

A moment later I woke up. The dream didn't last long, or alteast, it didn't feel like it. Narcissa was alseep beside me, her arm laying across me protectively. I pushed it offo f me, waking her. I got up, as she groggily sat up, confused.

"Eleanor? Are you okay? Are you sick, love?" She asked. I quickly went into the bathroom to change my night pants. When I came out, she was slipping on a silky house coat. "Eleanor, what are you doing?"

I ignored her as I went out the door .I had to hurrty before I forgot it.

I stopped infront of the music room and tried to open the door; it was locked. iTurned otNarcissa, who was just catching up to me.

"Open it." I begged, my voice dripping with urgency. She yawned, obviously not completly awake yet.

"It's early, Eleanor. You best be getting to bed."

"No. I need in. Now." 

"Fine." She sighed and pulled he wand out from her pocket. "Do what ever you need to do quickly, then we are going back to bed." She waved it, and I heard the sure click of the lock. I scurred in and sat down at the piano. 

My fingers instantly started hitting notes and chords. I wrote words in my head. I wasn't sure where this stuff was coming from, or why it came to me, i jsut knew it was from where ever the dream had also come from. All of a sudden,  knew how I was going to beat Rita Skeeter: I was going to turn my story into a musical. Why, I wasn't sure, but I knew it was happening. 

"Eleanor? what are you doing?" Narcissa interupted me by comng behind me. I looked up at her, making my figners come to an abrupt stop. 

"Narcissa. I'm going to need some voice lessons." I cleared my throat and began playing again.