An Unexpected Relationship

I looked at myself in the full length mirror, crying. The flowing dress that had once been white was now a mournful black. The pearls that had once seemed shiny and full of life now looked dull. The veil that had once been intended to hid my happy face from my beloved was now shielding my rear streaked cheeks from the world.

"Eleanor?" Narcissa put a hand on my shoulder, making me jump. I hadn't seen her come behind me. I shipped around, putting a hand to my chest and trying to catch my breath. "I'm sorry I scared you." She apologized before continuing ."Are you ready to go?"

"Uh-Huh..." I shakily breathed. It was now or never. I looked her over in her long, black dress and silky black gloves. Her hair, unlick my own, greasy straight mess, was in a tight bun.

"Will you come down with me? We're all going to Floo together." She reached her hand out to me. I grabbed it with my won ring clad fingers: She had given me back my engagement ring, along with Scabior's ring, that morning.

Since there was really nothing else for either of us to say, she shlowly lead me down the stairs to the parlor. There, Draco and Lucius were quietly waiting, both dressed in black. Draco eyed me.

"You really did it?" He questioned. Although the usual bitterness was gone, his tone was till dry and taunting. "You dyed yoru wedding dress. That is the most cliché thing you could have done. This isn't a book, this is real life."

"Draco..." Lucius warned. Even his usual authorativeness was goen. Never- the-less, Draco closed his mouth. A pressing silence filled the room. I bit my lip, trying my best not to start sobbing.

"Come on, Elle." Narcissa took my hand .I jerked it away and, instead, reached for Lucius's. That's when I noticed a small, black bag in his nearest hand.

"We don't know how long we're going to be there." He saw me curiously looking at it. "So I packed your Combinations for the day, clothes to change into, and some crackers. Melvin."

"Melvin?" I breathed. I didn't like the fact that he got my dragon without my knowing "You... took Melvin?"

"Calm down. You're going to get yourself worked up. I got him in case you need him." HE tried to explain. I shook my head and stuck my hand into the bag, frantically digging around. Finally, I found him and pulled him out. "Do you want to carry him instead?"

"Uh-huh..." I nodded, hugging Melvin. HE nodded.

"Alright. WE should be going then." HE walked over to the mantel and pulled the small little jar off of it. Then, he took the top off and threw the Powder into the fire, making it turn green.

Draco went through the fireplace with out hesitation. Nracissa gave me a weak smile before following her son. I looked up at Lucius, trembling.

"It's going to be hard." Eh said, pulling me into a hug. I let him, trying my best to concentrate on his body heat nad breathing.

"I miss him..."

"WE all do."

"It's not fair. Why him? Why Scabior? Why Uncle Severus?!"

"Shh...." He stroked my hair. "Don't' get too worked up. You don' want to have another panic attack, do you?"

"No..."

"Then you're going to have to calm down."

"I... I can't!!!" I sobbed. He sushed me.

"Shh... Shhh, Shhh.... It's okay. Look at me, Eleanor. I want you to take a big breath in for me, okay?" He instructed. I stared at him for a couple moments before doing what he asked. IT was hard to do with my cried, but I somehow managed.