My First Violent Outburst

Healer Swanson came in around eight o'clock the next morning. I was already up, as was Lucius, because I had waken him up. We both had been up since two thirty. I had had a nightmare and didn't want to go back to sleep.

"Goodmorning, Miss Snape. Goodmorning, Mr. Malfoy. How is it going?" Swanson asked. It seemed like the standarded questions around here. Actually, everything seemed like a question in this place. I casted my eyes down. Iw as so tired, but yet didn't want to go go back to sleep. I didn't want to relive my nightmares. 

"She's probably going to be difficult todayy." Lucius informed. "We have been up for hours."

"Nightmares?" Swanson scribbled something down on his cliipboard. I grabbed onto Lucius, pulling him towards me. He got up from his chair and sat on teh edge of the bed, allowing me to sit up and press my face into his shoulder. These Healers really made me uncomfortible. 

"Yes. She doesn't want to sleep. She's scared."

"Yeah? Well, we're going to try to help you.  May I have a seat, Miss Snape?" He looked at Lucius's empty chair. I shook my head no, but Lucius scooted it towards him. He gratfully took it and sat down. "Thank you. Now, as you know, we have diagnosed you with a couple disorders that basically effect your emotions. The only way we can rebalance them and help control your anxiety is with Potions."

My eyes widened. POtions? LIke, Euphoria? I had tried that once and it didn't work. It made so many people mad. Hurt so many people I loved...

"Lucius..." I sniffed. He stroked the top of my head.

"Shh... what is it?" He soothe.d I reposititoned so I could wisper into his ear. Swanson didn't need to know anything. I didn't want him to hear me.

"I don't want Potions..." I whimpered. His face filled with understanding.

"Oh.... You're affraid it will end up like the Euphoria, aren't you?" He said in my ear, but loud enough for Swanson to hear.

"I assure you we are not going to give you pure Euphoria. You will be taking Combinations. Ephoria wasn't even used in this one.

"Of course, this might not be your permanent perscrption. Differrent Potions and Combinations ahve different effects on individuals. One can not predict the side effects of these kinds of things." He explained. I stiffened.

No. Not only was I in a Hospital which I didn't want to be in, surrounded by Healers I didn't want to see or meet, I would have to take some Combinations I didn't want to take, and that no one knew how it would effect me.  

I closed my eyes, finally begining to legitamently cry. Lucius opened his arms, so I took him by surprise by getting into his lap and pressing my face into the side of his neck and face. He wrapped his arms around me and held me.

"I know you don't want to take it, but you have to. " I could feel his vocal cords viberating as he spoke. "If you want to get better, you have to listen to them."

"Believe me when I say that our number one goal is to make sure you feel vetter and are as well as you canbe." Swanson added. I sneered; year right. I was jjust their job. If they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't bother. Vincent even said so when he was working th Hospital Wing. They meant nothing to him. Healing was only an assignment to them. "I have your Combination here, if you would take it. If there are any ill effects, we won't give it to you again, okay?" 

"What could happen to me?" I quesitoned to Lucius.

"What are some of the side effects/" He asked for me. Swanson cleared his throat. 

"Well, as I said, we're not really sure, but there are some typical ones, like nasuea, vomiting, drousiness, insomnia, night sweats, rashes, dry mouth and so on. All veyr mild. But, or coruse, tere are some worse than that."