Healer Green's Surprise

"I am very happy that all of you came today." Healer Green started the next day once we were all inside the room for Group Session. Chase rolled his eyes.

"It's not like we had much of a choice." He crossed his arms. 

"Yeah, you stopped at every single one of our rooms, and kept reminding us that we had to come" Ivy put in. We all nodded. He had even Flooed me a couple times that day to remind me to come. 

"Yes, well. There is a reason." He stood at the head of the table. "As much as I hate to tell you, I must. I've put it off as long as I could."

"Get on with it!" William snapped. Healer Green practically winced.  He took a deep breath.

"I'm leaving." He said after a beat. All of us bolted upright, our mouths open. Silence pressed against my ears. 

"W-what?" Ivy quietly asked after a moment or two, which was wierd since she never did anything quietly. 

"I am leaving." He said again.  I looked down. I could see Jenna tearing up from the corner of my eye. 

"When?" Asked Chase. Healer Green sighed guitfully. 

"Tommorrow night." 

"Tommorrow?!" Ivy excalimed.

"I know. I should have told all of you sooner, but I didn't know how. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have waited." He hung his head down. I bit my lip, trying not to cry. I could tell that everyone else was upset as welkl. Jenna had her head laid down on the table, in her arms, sobbing. 

"Where are you going?" William asked, his voice surprisingly calm. 

"Uganda."

"Uganda? Where's that?"

"In Africa I'm going to help help the less fortunate." 

"But...." I pulled on my hair, the tears finally spillling over. "We need you..." 

"I know, that's why I had to put it off. I didn't have the heart to tell you. But I couldnt just leave with out telling you. I hope all of you can forgive me." He looked so shameful. I looked around at everyone else. Ivy nodded at Chase, then looked up.

"We forgive you, but..."

"But what?"

"But who's going to replace you? Who's going to..." She paused, trying to find the right words, "help" us?"

"Another Healer is comming in tommorrow. You will meet him the next day. I will already be gone."

"How can you expect us to tell a man we don't even know stuff?!" excalimed, sounding a bit more like himself. "I mean, how can we know we can trust him?"

"He is a Healer.That's the best  I can tell you. I don't know him either. All I know is that he is coming over from the States."

"As in the United States? Of America? Those states?" Chase stood up in wonder.

"Yes. From New York City, I belive. I am sure he will treat you well, though..." 

We fell into a silence again. I cried. Jenna sobbed. Chase wrung his hands. Ivy looked around, an unsure look on her face. William sat there, tapping his fingers on  the table and somehow staying complely calm. Gildy took my hand....

"Here." Chase suddenly stood up, making us all jump. He reached into his satchel he always had with him and pulled out a golden pocket watch. He hung from a big, chinky chain and had the St. Mungo's seal ingraved into the front. With a shakey hand, he handed it to the Healer. Healer Green smiled, and pocketed the watch.