My New Normal

The next day I was forced to go to the Music Room, as promised. Since I didn't want to go, I decided I wasn't going to talk to anyone. I could show them it was a useless cause. I didn't want to do it, and therefor, I wouldn't.

Healer Green came to my room after breakfast, which I refused to eat, to talk to us. He looked at the untouched food, disapointedly.

"You didn't eat a thing. Are you feeling okay?" He asked, concerend. I shook my head yes, although I physically felt fine. Since they had switched my Day Combinations for, perhaps, the seventh or eight time, I wasn't feeling quit as ill. He put himself down to my level, as usual. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" I shook my head no. He continued to look at me. "Don't feel like talking today? Oh, well. May I take your temperature, just to make sure you aren't running a fever?" He reached for the thermomoter in his robe pocked. I nodded, and he put it in my mouth. When he took it out, he studied it and put it back into the pocket.

"Everything seems normal. You must just be feeling a little under the weather is all. Do you still want to visit the Music Room?" He questioned. I just looked at him. He thought for a moment ."I would really like you to, but if you don't want to, that is okay as well." 

I thought about it a little more than I had earlier. It seemed that I would make Healer Green happy, as well as Lucius, if I went to this stupid room. That was a plus; It always made me feel good then I make them proud. On the other hand, I really didn' want to go. I didn't want to see the stuff and possible people that were there. Why did I have to go?

"Will you go?" Lucius pushed some hair out of my face. I glanced up at him.

"Yeah..." I replied. So much for the not talking to them today. 

"Good. I am very eger to see whatt you think." Healer Green told me before standing back up to his full height. I took Lucius's hand and walked with him to the door. Once out of my room, the Healer lead us to a door that was only a few down from his office. He took out a set of keys from a different pocked than the thermometer and put it in the lock. THen, he turned it, opened the door, and took the keys back out. Lucius nudged me inside. I looked around. 

Inside the white walls were decorated with a rainbow colored music staff that wrapped around the room. The hard floor was covered by a big carpet that had the Circle of Fifths printed on it. A couple drum sets were around the room, along with two doors that were probably instrument closets. A shelf took up most of the left wall, and was filled with folder upon folder of sheet music. A big metronome sat in the middle of the room. Lastly, a beautiful Grand Piano sat untouched in the corner. I stared at it, but didn't move.

"What do you think?" Healer Green asked, surprising me. I whipped around to face him, then shrugged. "Would you like to play?" I looked at the ground.

"Go on, Elle." Lucius encouraged. "Please?" He seemed to really want me to play. I couldn't disapoint him. So, I pushed myself to walk over to it. I pulled out the bench and sat on it. Then, I put my fingers on the keys.

It had been so long since I had played. The last time I had was for Scabior, during the small amount of time I had between the getting back from the beach and going back to Hogwarts. Still, I knew I could still play. It was like writing your name: Once you learned how, you couldn't forget. 

Well, actually, you could. Gilderory was living proof of that .But that was a little different. I hadn't been hit by any curses that would make me forget....

Curses. I had been hit by curses. Lots of them. Mostly unforgivible ones. A few stupifying ones...

I stiffened, remembering all the times my father had Crucioed me. Remembering my Father in  general. Us hiding. Us eating. Us running. Us freezing...