An Unexpected Visit

"What is it, Eleanor?" Lucius questioned, trying to comfort me. I had been lying in bed for maybe fifteen minutes. I was extremely tired, but couldn't get to sleep.

"Take it down!" I cried, pointing above me. He looked confused.

"Take what down?"

"Take it down! I don't like it! Take it down!" I repeated, getting frustrated that he didn't understand what I was talking about.

"Shhh... Listen, Eleanor. You're going to have to calm down and tell me what is wrong if you want me to fix it, okay?" He lifted my chin so I would look at him. Instead of replying, I sat up and wrapped my arms around him. He held me until my tears were almost gone and my breathing was slower. "Now, will you tell me what's wrong?"

"The mirror..." I whimpered, pointing up again. He looked, and then was filled with understanding.

"Oh, the mirror. You don't like the mirror. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because it scared me..." I sniffed. "I feel like there's a person over me, and it scares me..."

"That's okay." He nodded. "But I'm not taking it down tonight. I will in the morning."

"But..."

"I know. I wasn't finished. You can sleep in our room for tonight. Is that okay?"

"Is there a mirror?"

"No, there's not a mirror." He assured, and then stood up. "Come on, let's get you to bed. If you're not rested tomorrow, you won't feel well."

"Okay..." I replied as he helped me out of bed. Instead of going through the secret passage, he led me to the door. As we passed, I glanced at the empty dog bed. I knitted my brows.

"Lucius, where's Orion?" I stopped. He gently grabbed my upper arm and pulled me along.

"Narcissa was taking him out. She'll bring him back in a bit."

"Okay..." I bit my lip as we went through the hall. I kept my concentration on the portraits on the walls as we passed. He stopped a few doors down from mine. When he opened the door, I saw that it was, in fact, the same room the passage way led to. He ushered me in and closed the door.

He took me to the bed and pulled the blankets back. I got in, and he handed me Melvin. I hugged the dragon and laid back.

"You need to try to go to sleep." He reminded, sitting on the edge of the bed. I grabbed his hand.

"I'm scared."

"And you're tired." He added. "I promise I'm right here. Narcissa will be here soon, as well."

"Okay..." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

My fright fought to keep me up, yet, the Combination tried its hardest to put me to sleep. After about ten minutes, the Combination won, and I was out.

.....................................................

I woke up a couple times during the night, both of which I had to be assured and calmed down before I could go back to sleep. I would forget where I was and why, and by the time I would remember, I was already crying. But other than that, the night went pretty smoothly.

Lucius woke me up the next morning. I got ready by showering and putting on a clean pair of the black pajamas. When I excited the bathroom, Narcissa was there instead of Lucius. More importantly, Orion was sitting at her feet. He looked up and excitedly started yipping. I quickly picked him up. He looked up and started licking my face. Narcissa smiled.

"You seem to be feeling well this morning." She stood up from the freshly-made bed. I put Orion down and petted his head as he jumped onto my legs.