I Really Hate the Press

"Come on, Elle!" Draco called, pulling me into the street. We had gone to lunch from the Apothicary about thirty minutes ago, and word had caught on. It seemed like every reporter in the country was there, and they all wanted to hound Draco and I for information. Needless to say, it kept us from enjoying our dinner and freaked me out. I had not clue why there were so interested in my life, or the wedding, but it was enough to scare anyone. 

Draco and I began sprinting towards the Apothicary, while all of the reporters followed ofter us, their auto-writing quills floating behind them.

"What does your dress look like, Miss Snape?"

"May we see the ring?"

"How long did it take you to realise that you loved her, Mr. Malfoy?"

"Do you plan on having kids?"

Does the wedding have a theme?"

"What is the menue for the reception?"

"Where is the wedding taking place?"

"My I have a word, Miss Snape?"

"Do you think your Uncle would have approved?"

"Mr. Malfoy!"

"Miss Snape!"

"Come on!" Draco pulled me into the Apothicary doors and lead me towards the back. Lucius eyed us in surprise.

"What is going on?" He asked. As if to answer his quietion, the press came through the door like a heard of cattle. 

"Ignore them!" Draco yelled, then pulled me into Lucius back office behind the counter. 

"They are not obligated to answer any questions." I heard Lucius say through the door. I sat down on the couch I usually took naps on. 

"What about you, Mr. Malfoy? How do you feel about this?"

"I have no comment. I am affraid I must ask you to leave. If you do not, I will be forced to inform the authorities." Lucius's threat must have worked, because after that was silence. 

As the shock began to go away, anxiety started to kick in. I put my hands to my face as I began crying. That was terrifying, not to mention rude and disrespectful. If I wanted to go eat, I shouldn't have been bothered. And some of those questions were just hurtful, such as 'What would your Uncle think of this?'. That was none of their business, as well as a question I hadn't considered. How would Uncle Severus react to Draco and I getting married?

I guess he wouldn't mind as long as I was happy: or, as happy as I could be, atleast. Same for Scabior and Vincent. All they wanted in life wasfor me to be hapyy, and I guess since I love (as far as I knew) Draco, that would make the most sense. I was comfortable around him, and he knew how to calm me down, even when I didn't want him to. Marrying him was the most sensible solution, and-

"Calm down, Elle." Lucius's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He was standing in the now opened doorway. "If they bother you again, we are getting the Ministry involved, okay?"

"Why are they interested in me?" I sniffed, and leaned against Draco who was sitting beside me. 

"It's because of you."

"What do you mean?"

"They are interested in you because you survived the Killing Curse. Your Uncle ended up being a double agent for the War. You've almost been adopted by a well know, and one of the oldest known, Pure-blood Wizarding Families, and you're marrying one. Not to mention you spent the first part of your life with your father, then was orphaned. You're life is like a book, and as sad as it is, they are using it for entertainment."