Star Gazing

It took a lot of hard work and dererminaiton, but after a few more tries, I finally did it. I got through a whole week with out hurting anyone. This was a joyious thing, because it meant one of two things: One, I got to go star gazing that night and two, I was halfway to freedom. All I had to do was make it one more week, and I could go home. I was so close I could practically taste it.

I was so excited when I woke up and saw my behavior chart. A coudple weeks ealier Healer Green had ung up a chart showing two weeks worth of days. Each day I went with out being violent towards people, I got a little silver sticker put on the day. Today, seven starts were all lined up in a row.

"I get to go out!" I cheered. Not only had I been stuck at St. Mungo's, I hadn't even been allowed to go to the back yard. I had been pinned up indoors for who knew how long. I hadn't laid eyes on a calender or anything that would show the date since I had woken up from my coma. 

"You do!" Lucius grinned. "I'm going out during lunch to get things for you to use tonight."

"And Gilderoy?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. After all, that was part of the deal.

"Yes." He laughed. "We told you he could."

the smile on my face couldn't have gotten any bigger. I knew my Uncle was up there being proud of me. the yall were. they had to be. Lucius was, so why wouldnt' they?

And I actually enjoyed the feeling of people being proud of me .It flet good: Like I was actually accomplishing something. I continued ot stare at the gleaming stars on the chart.

"Eleanor?" Lucius snapped me out of my thougth. "I'm going to get you some breakfast,okay? Will you be fine here?"

"Uh-huh." I nodded. "When you get back can we Floo Narcissa and show her my chart?"

"Of course we can." He gave the top of my head a kiss before turning to go out the door.

.................................................

The day went on as usual, except for the excitement that hung around me. As promised, we Flooed Narcissa when he got back, and she was very proud of me; just as I hoped she would. The reset of the day I kept teh feeling, which meant that I was too distracted to get a productive Therapy Session; the same went for Group Session. Even everyone there could tell a differencei n my demeter.

At dinner I couldn't wait any longer. It was so close. I was filled with so much excitement that I didnt' want to eat. everntually, I had to force myself to, because Lucius said that if I didn't, I wouldn't be allowed to go. 

When I finished, he took the empty plate, which had once held a peanut butter sandwich, away from me, and smiled.

"If you will change out of your pajamas and into one of the cardigans Narcissa has brought you, we can go." He barganed. I looked at him, a little surprised.

"But..." I trialed off. "I din't want to change out of my pajamas. It was enough to change out of them and into another pair. It would be ten times worse putting on 'day clothes', expecially since I was so comfortible in my pajamas.

"It's too cold to go out in just your pajamas." he explained. I shook my head.

"Why can't I wear a jacket.?"

"You don't have one." He replied. "You have a coule sweaters and cardigans."

"Get me one, then."

"I'm not going out at seven to get a jacket when you have perfectly good clothing here." 

"Go get me one!" I repeated, getting angery.

"Eleanor." He warned. I made sure to lower my voice before speaking again.