Don't Forget to Write

The next day I dreaded Group Session. Healer Phillips said that I was going to announce to them that I was getting married. Considering all of them but one were mad at me, I really didn't want to do it. The would probably steal my ring and hide it or something, it was hard to tell with them on one side, Chase on the other, and Gildy and I in the middle. Those numbers didn't look good: I would have to be on my toes. 

Healer Phillips lead me into the room, and, as usual, everyone was already there. Except today, there were three people on the side I sat on, and only two on the other. William was sitting next to Chase. Something must had happened, and by something I mean he must have talked to Healer Phillips. Ivy and Jenna sat on the other side, looking annoyed and teary, respectively. 

I bit my lip and headed towards my seat. Before I could get there, Healer Phillips grabbed my arm, stopping my. He cleared his throat, as I reluctantly stood still.

"Guys, Miss Snape has some wonderful news that she would like to share with you, if you will let her." He started, then looked over at me. I swollowed.

"Um..." I trailed off. Everyone was staring at me, even though the only one who probably cared about what I had to say was Gilderoy. I looked down. 

"Go on." Healer Phillips pushed. I swollowed again, and then took a breath to try to make my heart stop racing.

"I.. Um... I'm getting married." 

"Married?!" Gilderoy was out of the chair and across the room before I knew it. His arms were around me. I blinked a couple time. "Oh, Elle! You're getting married! To who?!" 

"Please let go of me..." I quietly said. I knew he meant well, and usually I would let him hug me, but I was so anxious about tell thing I was getting married that I didn't need closed in with unwanted touching. 

"Oh, sorry..." He let go, then took a step back. "To who?"

"Yeah, to who?" Ivy said the first thing to me in a long time. I shifted uncomfortably. 

"Draco..." I answered, more to Gildy than to her. Chase straightened up.

"Malfoy? Isn't he your brother? Aren't they adopting you?" 

"How did you know that?" I asked. 

"The Prophet. " He shrugged. "All of thats in the news, except for your engagement. The press must not know yet."

"I'm still in the Prophet?" 

"Yeah. Apparently the people on the 'outside' eat this stuff up. You know, niece of a famous face of the war with a tragic past, and even more tragic future. They find it entertaining." 

"What?!" I felt anger creep up my throat at just the thought: People thought my life was entertaining. Not just that, but they were treating it like one of those stupid dramas that came on the radio. The ones that Narcissa listened to every afternoon at three o'clock. Most importatnly, they were publishing about me with out my permission, just like Rita Skeeter had. 

"Now lets calm down, Miss Snape..." Healer Phillips put a hand on my shoulder. I brushed it off. The damage had already been done, and no amount of sweet talking could fix it. My feelings had already shifted to anger, and I was going to stay that way until my emotions decided to swing again. 

"I don't want to have Group Session today." I quickly snapped and turned arouned. He followed after me as I went out the door.

"Miss Snape, come back! You can't just leave like that!"

"No! I don't want to be with them! All they do is read about my life in the Prophet and I don't want to talk to them! They hate me anyway!" 

"Will you please come back here!"