Our Third Group Activity

I slept what little I could until it was finally time to "get up", which was when Lucius finally let me out of bed. I was feeling a little better than I had been before, and better still after I took my morning Combination, but the anxiety was still there. Lucius went to work and was replaced with Narcissa, which I didn't have a problem with; better her than Draco. I had bigger things on my mind, but what had happened on the Gondola ride was still there, never the less.

Soon after, breakfast was delivered, a bowl of cereal, some milk, grape juice, and an apple. I wasn't really go hungry, but Narcissa nicely asked me to eat something, so I settled on the apple and a little bit of the milk. Once I ate enough to satisfy her, she presented me with a new book she had bought earlier that morning for me. So, I spent the next hour or so reading about and looking at illustrations of volcanos until Healer Phillips came in.

"Good morning, Mrs. Malfoy. " He knocked on the door before entering. He looked at Narcissa. "And Mrs. Malfoy. " He gave her a nod before coming to the bedside. I sat up and laid the book open on the page I was on. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Better..." I looked down at my lap.

"Better?" He repeated, laughing a small, relieved laugh. " That's great. "

"Not all the way better." I corrected. His smile faltered a bit.

"Oh? Are you still upset from last night?"

"Uh-huh." I bit my lip. Narcissa moved to my other side, sitting on the bed. I leaned into her, and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He offered. I frantically shook my head.

"No!" I couldn't tell him about what I had done. I couldn't tell anyone. Guilt hit me hard again as it had last night.

"Okay, it's okay. You don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to. How about you tell me about your trip?" He offered. I looked up at Narcissa.

"Go on." She encouraged, offering a smile. I swallowed and looked back at Healer Phillips.

"Well... We took a train there..."

"Yeah?" He leaned forward, looking interested.

"And I had some wine."

"You know you aren't suppose to drink with your Combination. It can end badly." He sternly said. I flinched.

"But..." I but my lip again, tearing up. I wasn't sure why his tone was upsetting me, but it was. He saw this and frowned.

"I'm sorry Mrs.. Malfoy. I didn't mean to upset you, I'm just trying to take care of you. You are lucky that it didn't have terrible effects. You can not drink with your Combination. You know that. "

"I just... Really wanted some... I began to pull on my hair. Narcissa gently took it out of my hand.

"Did it have any effects?"

"It just made me really tired... " I trailed off. "And I slept a lot until we got there."

"That's good. Just please don't drink again. That's really dangerous."

"I'm sorry... "The tears spilled over. I turned my head and pressed it into Narcissa's arm.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Malfoy. We can talk about what else you did. What else did you do? Where did you stay." He asked, changing the subject. I looked up at him, wiping away my tears with my arm.

"Some fancy place the Quidditch League reserved for Gregory." I answered. "There were two big beds, and a bathroom, and a balcony. You could see out to Venice." I closed my eyes, thinking of the Gondola again.