Getting Caught

I wasn't sure what Lucius and Narcissa were arguing about, butLucius did not sleep with us that night. Or the next night...Or the next night.... During the day, I didn't see him much ,either, since he was at work. When he was home, It alsmost felt like he was avoiding me. Like father, like son, I guess...

At first I didn't really have a porblem with it. I had latched onto Narcissa, and I was mad at him for sidding with the new Healer. Buteventually, as my anxiety started to worsen, I began to long for him again. Don't get me wrong, I loved Narcissa, but I needed him...

So, when we all came down for breakfast, I pushed myself ot tlak to him. 

"Lucius?" I quietly asked, picking at a piece of toast. Since I had stopped taking my Comvination, I hadn't wanted to eat at all.

"Yes?" He looked up from his eggs. His tone was surprised, yet sturn. I bit my lip, hesitating. Maybe this wasn't a good idea... No. I needed him. I need to bridge the gap again. 

"Can I go to work with you today?" I looked down, letting my hair fall into my face. Narcissa teached over and tucked it behind my ear.

"I don't know. Can you behave?" Lucius coldly questioned. I began to tear up; I knew it was a bad idea to ask. I shouldn't have.

Narcissa gave her husband a cold stare. Lucius kept her gaze for a moment, then pulled away. His features softened, but only a small bit.

"Look, I'm sorry. But I am undder a lot of stress right now. I'm trying to care for you, work the shop, balnce different accounts, brew potions, work on your adoption preocess, nand I have another trial hearing next week with the Ministry. I am stressed and I shouldn't be taking it out on you, but you were so rude to Healer Phillips, and I know you either did it on purpose, or you are regressing .I was hoping that it was the first one.

"Your behavior has been so severe, like it was before you even got to go home. I tlaked toHealer Phillips; you need re-exaimined, but you won't let him. All he wants to do is help you, Elle."

"I don't want his help. I wand you, and Narcissa, and Gilderoy, and Healer Fuchs, and Healer Green! Not that man!" 

"That is what I am tlaking about, Eleanor. All he wants is to be your friend."

"But I don't like him!"

"How do you know?"

"Because, I do/"

"You need to get back to therapy, and you need an examinaiton for a new Combination. I don't think your are working. "

"No..."

"How about we make a deal? If I let you go to work with me today, you will go see Healer Phillips tonight, and try your best to do as he asks?" 

I considered this. Was it worth it? I didn't want this man near me, but I did want Lucius again. I could tell this was one of the only ways I could make happy, and it was inevitible. I had no other choice. I could fight, but, eventually, he would win. I knew this. I didn't want to accept it, but he would. 

"Okay..." I quietly gave in. He gave a weak smile.  

"Great. I will wait for you to take a shower and get dressed. Then we can leave. Be sure to grab a book, and Mevlin if you want him." He still stayed stiff, which was odd. He must really be stressed. 

I got up and went up stairs, doing what he asked. When I came back down, I came with Melvin and a new book Narcissa had recently gotten me on equestrian animals. Lucius was waiting for me, still sitting at the table and looking over some papers, when we saw me, he waved his wand, making all the papers go back into a folder, and closing it. He stood up, looking me over.