Our Second Group Activity

"If you need me, I'll be right here." Lucius assured me a week later. I had been doing everything that Healer Phillips had said, and, according to him, was doing better. The anxiety was still there, but it didn't seem as bad as it had. The new Combination was working well, too. There were no side effects that we knew of, and the modified brew had stopped any wetting that had come back. Since I was doing so well, he suggested that I go back to my Group Session. 

As silly as it was, I was scared. I had already yelled at Gilderoy (and hadn't appologize), and I had refused to talk to the rest of them. I had no clue what expect. What if they were mad at me? What if they were going to plot against me, like we had Chase earlier that year? And then there was Ivy, who had seen me leave the Suicide Ward. And who knew what had been written about me in the Prophit since the terrible day I had lost the baby....

"I'm scared, Lucius." My voice shook as I willed myself not to cry. I looked down and squeezed Melvin, who Healer Phillip was allowing me to carry. 

"It will be okay. They're your fiends, remember? And if you have to bad time, he isn't going to make you go again?"

"Why can't you come in with me?"

"We've gone through this before, Elle. You know I can't go in. The only people allowed in Group Sessions are the Group Members and Healers. Otherwise, I would be happy to go in with you..." He pulled out a pocket watch and checked the time before putting it back. "You better get in there, you're already late." He hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Remember, I'll be out here if you need me. If I'm not here, I'm in your room. Healer Phillips can take you there."

"Okay...." I turned away from him and took a deep breath before reaching for the doorknob. I turned it, and opened the door. I looked back at Lucius. He motioned for me to go forward, smiling. I swollowed and went the rest of the way in, and closed the door.

Everyone was already at the table. They all quieted when they saw me. I bit my llip and looked down, trying not to see them, as I walked to my usual seat between Healer Phillips and Gilderoy. I sat down, and continued to keep my eyes casted towards the ground.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Malfoy. It's so good to have you with us today!" Healer Phillips grinned. I didn't look at him.

"Hey, Elle..." Chase stepped up, following Healer Phillips lead.

"You look good." William put in. That was a lie. I had spend my day worrying about tonight, and hadn't showered. Therefor, my usually greasy hair was even greasier.  I let out a soft wimper. 

"How are all of you today?" Healer Phillips asked. Everyone nodded their heads. "That's great, because I have an activity planned today, and I hope all of you will participate." I finally looked up at him.

"Cool, what is it?" Chase asked. Healer Phillips waved his wand, and a quill and a piece of parchment fell infront of each of us. 

"I want all of you to draw a line in the middle of the page." He instructed. I moved, putting Melvin into my right hand so I could write with my left. Once everyone had done that, he continued. "Now, on the left I want you to write 'Birth', and on the right I want you to write 'Now'." Again, we all did what he asked. "Now, I want each of you to think back, and write atleast three low points and three high points in your life on the line. Put the low points below the line, and the high points above. Are there any questions?" Gilderoy raised his hand. "Yes?"

"Um... I don't really remember..." He slowly lowered his hand.

"That's okay. Why don't you write things you can remember down? How does that sound?"

"Okay!" Gilderoy instantly went to work. Everyone else did as well, one by one. I looked down at the paper, my hand trembling.

"Is everything okay, Mrs. Malfoy?" Healer Phillips asked. I shook my head.