I Find Humour

"Are you ready?" Lucius asked me as we stood outside of Healer Green's door. This was it: my One on One sescion. After that last Group Discussion thing I had a feeling this wouldn't go much better. But I had to try, although I didn't want to. 

"Yes." I forced myself to say. I took a deep breath. I was going to be okay. Healer Green would be there. I knew him. He would take care of me, and I could count on him. It would be okay. If he thought who ever I would be meeting would be good for me to met, they had to be. And I also had Melvin, as always. I just had to hold myself together and try not to worry.

"Would you like to knock on the door, Eleanor?" He asked, interupting my thoughts. I shook my head, shaking them out of my mind before nodded and reaching and knocking. It took afew moments for Healer Green to answer the door, and when he did he was glad as usual. 

"Good evening, Eleanor! Did you enjoy your dinner?" He questioned. I shook my head yes, lying. Like yesterday, I was too nervous to eat anything. 

"She wouldn't eat a bite." Lucius clarified. I silently cursed him. 

"Oh? Do you feel ill?" 

"No." I answered. "I'm... just not hungry..."

"Okay. I have some crackers in here. I want you to try to eat some as you talk, okay?" I stayed quiet. Lucius nudged me. 

"Yes, Healer Green." I reluctantly replied. He smiled.

"Great! Now, come on in." 

"Okay..." I turned to say my goodbye to Lucius before taking the walk of death into the office. 

Unlike last time, there were only three chairs around the table. Sitting in one of them was another man whom I had never seen before. He had a clear, even complexion with gleaming blue eyes and a sparkling white smile. His golden hair was volumous and kind of curled. I was taken aback. The fact that he was so Handsom and I looked, like... well-my Uncle- intimidated me. The fact that my hair was umcombed, greasy, and tangled and I was only in my pajamas didn't help the matter. I stared at him uncomfortably.

"Have a seat." Healer Green offered, standing next to me. I looked at him for a moment before slowly making my way to the handsom stranger. His smile became wider as I approached. 

"Hello," He reached his hand out for me to shake once I sat down. I cowered back. "How are you?" I stared at his hand, not replying. After a few minutes I expected him to put it down, but he didn't. Healer Green cleared his throat. 

"Would you like to introduce yourself?"  He pushed. I pulled on my hair before speaking.

"Yeah.. Hello... I'm, um... Eleanor..."

"Hi, Eleanor! I'm Gilderory. Gilderory Lockhart!" He flashed that winning smile. I squeezed Melvin. 

"Would you like to shake his hand?" Healer Green asked me. I weakily shook my head no. "Alright. You can put your hand down. She doesn't want to shake it right now."

"Huh?" Gilderory asked. "Put my-Oh!" He looked at his hand as if he just noticed it, laughing. "I forgot I had it out!" He lowered it. "Sorry about that! How are you, Ellen?"

"Um...my name is..." I trialed off before mumbling, "...Eleanor..."

"Oh. Eleanor? Sorry. I knew it started wtih an E! You see, I have a tendency to forget things." I explained. I sat up a bit. 

"Forget things? What- what kind of things?" My voice shook. 

"All sorts of things. Names. People. Days. Room numbers. Just about everything that isn't ingraved into my head!"