Snape: Scoundrel or Saint?

The next morning when I woke up, everything was back to normal. I could speak again, and the only ill-effects I had was a minor handover, consisting of only a migrane. Lucius and Narcissa never found out what had happened, and Draco and II intended on keeping it that way. 

Another month went by, leading Janusary into February. I continued to take my Combinations, but I wasn't sure they were working well enough. I wasn't completly sad all of the time, but I wasn't happy, either. I just felt numb. Alrhough, if something made me upset enough, I would get sad enough to cry. I wouldn't get angy. I wouldn't do anything else. Just cry.

But that didn't happen often. For the most part, I was just stuck in that depressing state of numbness.

Once morning, though, I felt exceptionally happy, and decided I wanted touse it to my advantage. I had waken up a little earlier than ususal: before Lucus usually came in to wake me. That was okay. I was in my own bed, so I could get up with out worry about waking up someone else.

I felt so much better that I got out of bed, and grabbed some day clothes before getting in the shower. I even used the conditioner they insisted I use. As I was rinsing it out, Lucius knocked on teh door.

"Eleanor?" He questioned.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I feel fine." I turned the water off and began to dry myself.

"You're up ealier than usual."

"I know." I began getting dressed. "I feeel fine. You can go aheard down to breakfst. I will be there in a minute." 

"Okay. If you need me, send Gumby."

"Okay." I pulled my sweater dress over my head. It was something I had never worn, but would thrill Narcissa to see me in. It was purple, and even matched the hat I had bought in Diagon Ally. I pulled the whooly, grey leggings over my llegs. Then, socks, and a pair of ankle-length black boots, which I loved because they reminded me of my Snatcher boots, only fancier. Once they were zipped up, I brushed my hair and teeth, and went down stairs.

The three of them were already eating. I sat down beside Llucius.

"You look nice." He complimented, putting an already peeled orange and a pancake infront of me. I began eating the orange.

"I want to go to Diagon ally." I commented. Narcissa looked up.

"Diagon Ally? For clothes?"

"No." I swollowed ."For books. I want to go to the book store." 

"You must really want to. She was already in the showe when I went to wake her up."

"You do look very nice." Narcissa put in.

"So, can we go?"

"I've got to work today." Lucius reminded.

"So you'll be there anyway?" I pointed out. He sighed.

"Yes, I will be."

"So, can we go?"

"Tell you what; if you eat all of your breakfast, I will take you around lunch." Lucius comprimised.

"OKay." I agreed, a bit of excitment fighting against my Combination. I was ready for this.

...................................................

I went to work with Lucius, as did Draco. Bussiness was slow, and my happiness stayed constant. When lunch came around, I quickly ate my peanut butter sandwich and apple as Draco went home for lunch, and Lucius ate some kind of soup. When we finished, he instucted me to put on my cloak and hat. I did, along with the purple and grey scarf Mother Fuchs had knitted for me in the process of trying to teach me hot to knit with little luck. Lucius put his on, locked up the Aplothicay, and lead me to the bookshop.